Chicago State Pregame Thread

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Bittersweet start to the season for me. I’m excited to start the season, but this will be my first IU game without my dad. We had to take him off life support Sunday evening. I’m going to miss our post game calls to celebrate victory or replay the game in defeat. I’m going to miss his mid game texts griping about missed free throws. Should be a fun season and I’m ready to get it rolling tonight. 

Damn, so sorry to hear that.  Thoughts and prayers your way.

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm with you...but especially for Jerome Hunter. Want to see him with my own eyes.

Indeed. I think he might be that x factor at some point this season. Heard people rave about his shooting. I doubt we learn much about this team given our opponent tonight but still been dying to see him in action.

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Bittersweet start to the season for me. I’m excited to start the season, but this will be my first IU game without my dad. We had to take him off life support Sunday evening. I’m going to miss our post game calls to celebrate victory or replay the game in defeat. I’m going to miss his mid game texts griping about missed free throws. Should be a fun season and I’m ready to get it rolling tonight. 

I’m so sorry. You and your family are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. 

So sorry for your loss and may God bless you and your family

Sorry for your loss P’keet. 

Hope your dad is popping open a cold beverage and settling in for a great Hoosier season!

Well, fellow HSN enthusiasts, I, for one am preparing for this game by grilling a gourmet burger and making some hand cut fries to munch on as we head into the season. Inspired by Election Day, I am putting aside any internecine squabbles that have erupted in other threads and calling for unity. Yea, though it is only Chicago State that we face this eve, I implore you all to come together, for the time for college bball season is nigh! Also, IU is going to have a kick a** season and I can't wait to read this board in 18-19 for the excellent information and smart bball analysis that many members bring. Godspeed, Hoosiers! 

Today is officially basketball season for me even if the NBA has been going on for a few weeks.  Will watch IU and during commercials turn it on to watch MSU and KU.  Since I work with Aaron Henrys dad I will root for MSU even though they are as bad as KU when it comes to problems with their program.

Archived