Montana State Pregame Thread

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Yep.  Expect the Bobcats to have a chip on their shoulder.  

I heard we only got Langford because Montana State recruited over him, signing another player at his position right before Langford's announcement. It's Langford who actually has the chip on his shoulder as his #1 school turned him down. 

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

IU fans talk about Archie locking up the state of Indiana.  I wonder if Montana State fans talk about Brian Fish (MSU's HC) talk about locking up the world.  As four MSU players come from : Austria, Nigeria, Finland, and Norway.   :/

Let's be honest...if I was at Montana State I would be targeting European kids too. I mean first off the best kid in Montana might be the 400th ranked in the country for all we know. On top of that what top recruit is going to want to go to school out there? That's a hard hard sell. However...if you get some foreign kids...give them a free US education with opportunities to become a citizen or improve to the point they might be able to go back to Europe and play or something....that is a selling point. I mean winters in Montana might actually be nicer than Austria, Finland and Norway.....and well you wouldn't have to ask me twice to leave Nigeria lol.

I’m a season ticket holder for MSU and yes IU should win by at least 30. MSU does have a good player that is a pro prospect in Tyler Hall, but other than that MSU is weak. Born and raised MSU fan and I will be in Bozeman on Saturday at our tailgate for the football game, but when it comes to basketball I’m IU over MSU everyday. However, if MSU stuns IU I won’t be unhappy since these are my two favorite colleges playing against each other. 

My dad played basketball for the Bobcats and when the Bobcats played against the Hoosiers in like 89 with Kral Ferch my dad was on the team but was hurt before the season started and had to retire. But coach Knight knows are family so my dad was at that game as a fan of both schools. Cool story for sure.

7 minutes ago, Montana Hoosier said:

I’m a season ticket holder for MSU and yes IU should win by at least 30. MSU does have a good player that is a pro prospect in Tyler Hall, but other than that MSU is weak. Born and raised MSU fan and I will be in Bozeman on Saturday at our tailgate for the football game, but when it comes to basketball I’m IU over MSU everyday. However, if MSU stuns IU I won’t be unhappy since these are my two favorite colleges playing against each other. 

My dad played basketball for the Bobcats and when the Bobcats played against the Hoosiers in like 89 with Kral Ferch my dad was on the team but was hurt before the season started and had to retire. But coach Knight knows are family so my dad was at that game as a fan of both schools. Cool story for sure.

Coach Knight used to do a lot of hunting in Montana.

10 hours ago, 5fouls said:

With Romeo ultimately choosing IU over Montana State, that gives the Bobcats some extra incentive.

No, you're confusing Montana State with the Wyoming State Porcupines, which made a big run at Romeo. A lot of people make that mistake.

5 hours ago, Montana Hoosier said:

That's a great story! Thanks for sharing!

11 hours ago, Montana Hoosier said:

Yeah that’s why I am an IU fan and the family all born and raised in MT are Hoosier fans. He would come out to MT to hunt and my gramps took him around.  Too many cool experiences with Coach to write down on here.

Do you know if their coach grew up an IU fan?  I am trying to think of questions to ask him about his Indiana ties.

2 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Do you know if their coach grew up an IU fan?  I am trying to think of questions to ask him about his Indiana ties.

You could ask if he'd been to AH before. I like hearing how people try to describe it to players that haven't. 

17 hours ago, Montana Hoosier said:

Bozeman is a very cool place. We climbed up to the M a few years ago when we were in town. 

Archived