Michigan pre-game thread....

Artesian_86

10 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

What can we do to make this game respectable and not a blowout? What are the Chances Michigan overlooks us?

Unfortunately the best way to have a chance in this game is to shorten it by running....but that plays right into their hands because of how good their D is. Hate talking like this but #1 goal for me is to get out of this one injury free so we are full go the following weekend when our season will be defined. 

Allen is going to need to sit his defense down and watch how poorly they played against Maryland. I mentioned some of these fundamental issues in the game thread yesterday—

- Wrapping up when tackling 

- Staying on your feet and driving through the person you are tackling rather than leaving your feet and hoping to grab an ankle 

- Taking better pursuit angles

- Maintaining contain on the edges. I can’t count the number of times our DE’s crashed down on RPO plays and left the perimeter wide open for long runs.

The bottom line is that Michigan may not have the same speed as a couple of the Maryland guys, but overall they will have more and better athletes. They have a quarterback who won’t miss open receivers and won’t put the ball on the ground. 

I am conceding that we will be lucky to score 13 points in this game. The only way we keep it competitive is by playing the perfect defensive game 

I was just sifting through a hand full of free Michigan message boards and could not find anyone talking about IU as a team. There is more chatter about the game time and parking, but mostly if they are going to move up to #3 in the polls today. I could not even find anyone trashing IU or guessing a lofty score. I do hope that they overlook us....We need anything we can get.

4 minutes ago, rico said:

I need to pick my friends more wisely!

OBVIOUSLY an extreme exaggeration, RIco. I took that post as if Michigan as zero respect for us. I know we have not given anyone anything to be concerned about. If I'm Michigan, I'm gonna try to put the hammer down. If I'm IU, I'm gonna pull out all the stops to try to pull out an upset. Maybe DeBord  has some plays stockpiled for THIS game......

Straight from the horses mouth. These are Harbaugh's words about preparing for IU. Get past IU free from injury and then be ready for the big game at Ohio St.. 

Backup plan

Harbaugh said Saturday night he'd like to continue the process of getting both Brandon Peters and Joe Milton backup reps in case they're needed down the line this season. Both played against Rutgers and, if all goes according to plan for the Wolverines, both could see time against Indiana. Michigan's primary goal is keeping Patterson healthy. And with Dylan McCaffrey out, Peters and Milton are serving as co-backups. The Wolverines are also at home, which means everyone can be in uniform and play. 

Stay healthy

This is the whole thing. Michigan has to get through one more game with its health intact before traveling to Columbus for the year's biggest showdown. The Wolverines can, in theory, wrap up the Big Ten East with a win and a Buckeye loss Saturday. But more important: Keeping people healthy. 

20 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Straight from the horses mouth. These are Harbaugh's words about preparing for IU. Get past IU free from injury and then be ready for the big game at Ohio St.. 

Backup plan

Harbaugh said Saturday night he'd like to continue the process of getting both Brandon Peters and Joe Milton backup reps in case they're needed down the line this season. Both played against Rutgers and, if all goes according to plan for the Wolverines, both could see time against Indiana. Michigan's primary goal is keeping Patterson healthy. And with Dylan McCaffrey out, Peters and Milton are serving as co-backups. The Wolverines are also at home, which means everyone can be in uniform and play. 

Stay healthy

This is the whole thing. Michigan has to get through one more game with its health intact before traveling to Columbus for the year's biggest showdown. The Wolverines can, in theory, wrap up the Big Ten East with a win and a Buckeye loss Saturday. But more important: Keeping people healthy. 

I am friends with Harbaugh!!!!!!!!!

Pretty much what most Michigan fans and boards are saying about IU.

Wikedjug 6379

18 hours ago

A strong effort, don't show the hand for OSU or anything but I don't want as vanilla of a gameplan as Rutger was. This is basically a tune up for OSU and don't want the players too iced going into that game from lax gameplans 2 weeks prior.

IU probably won't be much of a threat to us either way. Yea, been a trap game in the past but we have been a juggernaut at home this season and this IU team is worse then all those IU teams in the past that causes chaos for us.

On 11/12/2018 at 9:40 AM, rico said:

I am friends with Harbaugh!!!!!!!!!

Damn it hurts when a coach talks like that and it is your team they are getting ready to play and avoid injuries and get reps for the inexperienced. But, they are at home. You can not overstate the value of being in that stadium at home. For fans, it might be the closest to being a perfect venue for the game and the surrounding overall environment. 

36 minutes ago, Payday said:

Damn it hurts when a coach talks like that and it is your team they are getting ready to play and avoid injuries and get reps for the inexperienced. But, they are at home. You can not overstate the value of being in that stadium at home. For fans, it might be the closest to being a perfect venue for the game and the surrounding overall environment. 

Been there myself.....had a great time.

Another thing about this game, we are going to hosed by the refs.  It happens any time we play a team who has a chance at being in the CFP.  Probably won't make much difference, but if the game is close, we're going to get screwed.  It seems like the replay officials really have a hatred of us in games like this.

On 11/14/2018 at 3:05 PM, rico said:

Well I am amped up the the b-ball game but I ain't forgot about the pigskin either.  I love this short video.  Be warned it has some strong language.  If the mods want to jerk it down, I am fine with that......but it is oh so funny.

I would guess that 75% of IU basketball fans haven't been to the campus, let alone gone to a game. So although the video is funny, there is some irony here. 

Archived