Bobby Petrino Fired

KDB

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the allure of going back and coaching his home town team and his alma mater will be too much.  And from what I've been able to gather, Louisville has almost unlimited money.  I think Purdue would be willing to raise his salary to keep him, but from what I've read, they can't keep up with Louisville.  I saw a rumor somewhere (no idea if true or not) that the Long John Silvers owner financed Petrino's buyout of $14 million.  It sounds like they've got donors out the butt who will gladly pay to get whatever they want accomplished.

10 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I think the allure of going back and coaching his home town team and his alma mater will be too much.  And from what I've been able to gather, Louisville has almost unlimited money.  I think Purdue would be willing to raise his salary to keep him, but from what I've read, they can't keep up with Louisville.  I saw a rumor somewhere (no idea if true or not) that the Long John Silvers owner financed Petrino's buyout of $14 million.  It sounds like they've got donors out the butt who will gladly pay to get whatever they want accomplished.

Check out Yum!

18 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

After Alford, Dakich's credibility is shot, but this will be fun to troll boiler with:

Intentional leak from the Brohm camp to hasten up negotiations. Get Purdue's absolute best offer and for people to believe there is a good chance he will leave. 

I dont think Brohm is going anywhere too soon. 

53 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Intentional leak from the Brohm camp to hasten up negotiations. Get Purdue's absolute best offer and for people to believe there is a good chance he will leave. 

I dont think Brohm is going anywhere too soon. 

I think "we", as IU fans, want him to go away.  But in the here and now, he is sitting pretty where he is at.  And the sky is the limit once he has his players.  

19 minutes ago, rico said:

I think "we", as IU fans, want him to go away.  But in the here and now, he is sitting pretty where he is at.  And the sky is the limit once he has his players.  

I see this a lot but don't see how it is a reason to stay. If the sky is the limit at Purdue, I'd think it is the same at UL. 

Despite all of the arguing I've seen I don't think either school has a huge advantage in facilities. He can bring his staff anywhere and can recruit the same players. 

I mentioned the DD tweet at work (just outside of Louisville) to some people. They weren't surprised at all and seemed to believe he'd be at UL next year. Nothing groundbreaking but that seems to be the attitude here from a lot of people here. 

4 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

I see this a lot but don't see how it is a reason to stay. If the sky is the limit at Purdue, I'd think it is the same at UL. 

Despite all of the arguing I've seen I don't think either school has a huge advantage in facilities. He can bring his staff anywhere and can recruit the same players. 

I mentioned the DD tweet at work (just outside of Louisville) to some people. They weren't surprised at all and seemed to believe he'd be at UL next year. Nothing groundbreaking but that seems to be the attitude here from a lot of people here. 

B1G vs. ACC  If he were to go to the Cards, Clemson is sitting there waiting in his division.  B1G West, pretty dang there for anybody to take although Wiscy seems to dominate it.  Am I making sense?

I usually do not listen to Dakich or take much of anything he says seriously, but his tweet listed below sums up everything about the Brohm situation. All Brohm has to say is...........

Dan Dakich Retweeted Andrew Pogar

“I am absolutely not leaving Purdue to go to Louisville..absolutely not”....that’s 1 other way

1 hour ago, BeerBQ said:

We very well may be I would not be surprised 1 bit. Rico I mean Dan was given the info for a specific purpose

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

We very well may be I would not be surprised 1 bit. Rico I mean Dan was given the info for a specific purpose

I have it on good authority that they have better strippers in Louisville than West Lafayette.  You heard it here!!!!

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Problem with Brohm is that he's such a hot commodity he'll have to endure these rumors/stories every year he remains at Purdue. Reminds me of when Bill Self was at Illinois. Everyone was just waiting for him to bolt for a bigger program. 

You’re not wrong but this would be a big one to turn down. His alma mater, his hometown, their recent success, facilities, etc... if he says no, that’s a big deal. I think people always figured UL would be tough to say no to and one that they could see Brohm leaving for. If he stays, that speaks volumes IMO. 

46 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

You’re not wrong but this would be a big one to turn down. His alma mater, his hometown, their recent success, facilities, etc... if he says no, that’s a big deal. I think people always figured UL would be tough to say no to and one that they could see Brohm leaving for. If he stays, that speaks volumes IMO. 

I wonder if he stays if it means he's waiting on an NFL offer.  I'm not that close to the situation, but I've heard it's a possibility that he'd go to the NFL.

Archived