Bobby Petrino Fired

KDB

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I do think it will take something bigger than UL

Anymore though, I think it's really about the cash. At the USC's of the world, if you don't compete for a national championship quickly, you're gone. Go to UL, do ok record wise and sniff the playoffs, you're there for as long as you want to be. I'm not saying he'll go, but I don't think the big time jobs are as great as they used to be. Recruiting is much more difficult these days and going to USC, Texas, Notre Dame etc. doesn't guarantee much more than a bigger spotlight, which can be both good and bad. 

7 hours ago, rico said:

B1G vs. ACC  If he were to go to the Cards, Clemson is sitting there waiting in his division.  B1G West, pretty dang there for anybody to take although Wiscy seems to dominate it.  Am I making sense?

Highly doubt he would pass on Louisville just because it would mean playing Clemson every year.

2 hours ago, rico said:

Look at that division.

Clemson, and...?

I get that you want him to stay at Purdue, but you're not making a very compelling argument against Louisville here. No coach worth his salt is looking at the Louisville job and thinking "crap, that division is tough, think I'll stay away," they're going in and immediately game-planning for how they're going to send those teams home with L's next year.

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

Clemson, and...?

I get that you want him to stay at Purdue, but you're not making a very compelling argument against Louisville here. No coach worth his salt is looking at the Louisville job and thinking "crap, that division is tough, think I'll stay away," they're going in and immediately game-planning for how they're going to send those teams home with L's next year.

You know, I looked at that and tried to make that argument. But Syracuse, Boston College and NC State probably match up pretty evenly with the B1G West.

Not as clear cut as first appears, imo 

10 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Clemson, and...?

I don't care what Brohm does.  But to me, Purdue is the better job.  Better chance to win.  Better chance to play in a conference championship regularly.  Keep in mind, Florida St. won't be down very long.  

Brohm is getting really good at avoiding the question on if he'll be back at Purdue next year.  He might just be trying to get more money out of Purdue, but here's what he was asked.

At 1:28 in the video, Dave Revsine said:

"The Louisville job is open, it is your alma mater, there are a lot of rumors circulating.  Are you going to be the coach here next year?"

Brohm's answer:

"Well, once again, complete speculation. Complete false.  I love it where I'm at."

And then he goes on to redirect it to getting ready for Wisconsin.  He has yet to put the rumor to rest, just keeps answering it with vague, pre-planned responses.

23 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Brohm is getting really good at avoiding the question on if he'll be back at Purdue next year.  He might just be trying to get more money out of Purdue, but here's what he was asked.

At 1:28 in the video, Dave Revsine said:

"The Louisville job is open, it is your alma mater, there are a lot of rumors circulating.  Are you going to be the coach here next year?"

Brohm's answer:

"Well, once again, complete speculation. Complete false.  I love it where I'm at."

And then he goes on to redirect it to getting ready for Wisconsin.  He has yet to put the rumor to rest, just keeps answering it with vague, pre-planned responses.

He did the same thing re Tennessee last year. He says he’s back he loses leverage. 

19 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I'm not buying it.

That’s fine. The longer this drags out, the more exposure and attention Purdue gets. He said it helped with recruiting last year quite a bit and if he ends up turning down his alma mater, that’ll go a long way in recruiting IMO. 

Let me ask you this: why would Brohm come on this show if he didn’t have to? I think they said a coach on gameday has only come on twice and both times it’s been Brohm. Brohm could’ve very easily told them no thanks he had to get ready for the game. 

3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

He did the same thing re Tennessee last year. He says he’s back he loses leverage. 

I think this game only works a few times. Eventually it will turn into easy negative recruiting against him. Every coach will tell recruits he's going to leave at some point, or PU gets tired of constantly having to give him raises. 

Was as his situation at Tennessee the one where an agreement was made with him and the AD, but the president wouldn't sign off? 

19 hours ago, BeerBQ said:

I think this game only works a few times. Eventually it will turn into easy negative recruiting against him. Every coach will tell recruits he's going to leave at some point, or PU gets tired of constantly having to give him raises. 

Was as his situation at Tennessee the one where an agreement was made with him and the AD, but the president wouldn't sign off? 

Lots of stories out there about UT...take your pick.  Hypothetically, why would you turn down the Vol job and go to Louisville?

7 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Might be a valid question for anyone other than Brohm. 

LOL....true.  But I am starting to think he has too many pokers in the fire.  And he could fall from "grace" with a loss against IU.  The shining star might be dimming just a tad.

• 2 weeks later...

From what I've been able to gather on Louisville boards from what people consider their insiders, they've been saying for more than a week that it's basically been agreed upon.  Somebody posted on their premium board about the "surprisingly low" offer 7 or 8 days before it came out in public.  They're pretty much all saying the "sleep on it" is so he can go tell Purdue, and tell his team that he'll be leaving.

Never know until it is official, but that's what I've been able to gather from their boards.  I'd be surprised if we don't hear something either way tomorrow.

Archived