Bobby Petrino Fired

KDB

8 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

From what I've been able to gather on Louisville boards from what people consider their insiders, they've been saying for more than a week that it's basically been agreed upon.  Somebody posted on their premium board about the "surprisingly low" offer 7 or 8 days before it came out in public.  They're pretty much all saying the "sleep on it" is so he can go tell Purdue, and tell his team that he'll be leaving.

Never know until it is official, but that's what I've been able to gather from their boards.  I'd be surprised if we don't hear something either way tomorrow.

Let's say he goes to Louisville; do you think some players transfer to stay with him?

The first one that comes to mind is Moore.  He's from the Louisville area, and didn't Brohm's dad have something to do with his coaching in high school?

On another note, I think it's telling that when Purdue was in the process of hiring Brohm, he wouldn't discuss anything until the season was over, but now he may leave for Louisville well before the season is over.  It would seem that the pull of going home is very strong.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to a few articles floating around this morning. Recruits are being told and given the impression that Brohm will be taking the Louisville job. No good way to handle this. If you say nothing people will complain about the silence. If you say something people will use those words against you if your mind is changed. Either way....I think today is the day Brohm says he's headed home. 

5 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I haven't followed any of this on the PU boards because most PU fans annoy me haha.  What's the sentiment on there now?  Expecting him to stay or go?

Seems to me they expect an extension because his agent is in town. 

UL fans expect him to come and think his agent is there due to the buyout and to review the counter offer. 

7 hours ago, rogue3542 said:

Let's say he goes to Louisville; do you think some players transfer to stay with him?

I wouldn't think many/any would follow.  Maybe some of the incoming recruits, but not current players.  I think I saw where PU only played something like 4 freshman more than 4 games, so not many of their players have a redshirt left.

Moore is from Louisville, so maybe he could find a close family member who has health issues so he can get a waiver to move back to Louisville to be close to them.  I don't know anything about his family, so that's just a made up, slightly far-fetched scenario.  I don't see him looking to sit out a year.

7 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I live about 30 minutes north of Louisville, so I get all Louisville news stations. Fred Cowgill, the sports anchor for WLKY Channel 32 posted an open letter to Jeff Brohm today. Take a look at what he had to say.....Pretty good read.

http://amp.wlky.com/article/cowgill-an-open-letter-to-jeff-brohm/25337526

Sounds to me like that Louisville is in desperation mode?

20 minutes ago, rico said:

Sounds to me like that Louisville is in desperation mode?

To me the longer it takes means he is staying at Purdue.  It would lead me to believe that he is having trouble finding a good reason to leave Purdue for UL.  Last year I predicted once UL job came open he would jump at the chance but now I don't think he will leave PU.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me the longer it takes means he is staying at Purdue.  It would lead me to believe that he is having trouble finding a good reason to leave Purdue for UL.  Last year I predicted once UL job came open he would jump at the chance but now I don't think he will leave PU.

Perhaps.  Me and my buddy were talking last night.  How many guys end up coaching their alma mater and ended up in the HoF?  We came up with two off the bat.....Knute Rockne and Branch McCracken.  After that...????????

Archived