Bobby Petrino Fired

KDB

2 minutes ago, rico said:

I was icefishing years ago on the Huntington Reservoir property.  A guy came out with his wife.  She slipped and fell...knocked her out, blood everywhere.  Called the EMS, she ended up getting airlifted to Fort Wayne.  All because of fishing.  Ice is dangerous.

Be careful sharing that story, you will have to get a fishing license as well as a helmet from now on!!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Not sure how you can compare the talent Brohm inherited to the talent Allen inherited.  Brohm inherited 4 years in a row of the worst recruiting class in the conference and the majority of the recruits he inherited weren't even P5-level players.  If Wilson left the cupboard pretty bare for Wilson, Hazell left a scorched earth scenario for Brohm.  I don't think the scenarios are comparable really.  I respect your opinion that you don't think Purdue will ever be a football school more than what they were during the Tiller era but I respectfully disagree.  First off, that was a really good run Tiller had and I would be happy with that happening again.  Think about it for a second though... Purdue is investing in their football program like they never have before.  Competitive salary for their HC, significant salary pool for assistants, already started on upgrades with the $65 million performance center and the updates to the stadium aren't too far behind.  I think they have a lot of untapped potential now that they are fully committed to investing in the football program.

Your points are fair. I'll stick with my overriding opinion though, I'd rather IU be what it is (a basketball school) than a football school. But good luck to PU football. I see them trending up for sure.

15 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

Your points are fair. I'll stick with my overriding opinion though, I'd rather IU be what it is (a basketball school) than a football school. But good luck to PU football. I see them trending up for sure.

No offense, but I want both.  

Archived