Suggestion Thread

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Off the top, I can't think of much.  No forum is perfect, but this is the best IU fan forum I've been a part of.  If I think of something useful, I'll add it later, but for the most part, great work, mods and admins!

Agreed.  I think Hoosier Sports Nation has the best mods in the business. 

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Is it possible for me to move, minimize, disable, or delete the chatbox on The home page?

It doesn't get used.  It wants to scroll through old, and I mean old, messages instead of scroll past the box.  I think intentions where fun but we just don't use it.  

I agree! Maybe have a toggle to open the chat if you want to use it. 

8 hours ago, PoHoosier said:

Not sure if it's worth a thread or if it's been shared elsewhere on HSN.  Links to an official schedule and roster.

They have been pinned in the basketball forum since August.  Whether or not, thanks for helping me make the suggestion I made above about limiting pinned threads to a max of three.  We have talked about this before. When there are a ton of pinned threads, especially as they age, they all get looked over.

Here's the roster and schedule :

2018-19 Roster and Schedule - General Basketball Discussion - Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

7 hours ago, milehiiu said:

They have been pinned in the basketball forum since August.  Whether or not, thanks for helping me make the suggestion I made above about limiting pinned threads to a max of three.  We have talked about this before. When there are a ton of pinned threads, especially as they age, they all get looked over.

Here's the roster and schedule :

2018-19 Roster and Schedule - General Basketball Discussion - Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Thanks, I should have looked before posting.  Not sure how I missed it.  I blame.......

me.

20 minutes ago, PoHoosier said:

Thanks, I should have looked before posting.  Not sure how I missed it.  I blame.......

me.

I know how you missed it.  That is what happens when there are too many pinned threads.  That is one that should stay for the duration of the season. And I can understand having an NBA thread posted in August, an off time for IU BB, as well.... but (sorry Kev) to keep it pinned as IU is entering the BB season is curious to me.  That's aging at it's best. And if people are interested enough, they can either just bump the thread or post in it to keep the thread alive on the first page. 

Even having a suggestion thread is a great idea. But why pin it ? 

Pinned threads IMHO, should be like our  schedule and roster, as you requested.  And only for the current season. And maybe other things that become pertinent during the season, but not left up till they become stale.  Again, not a complaint.... just my opinion.

I’m with you Mile.  Way too many pinned threads right now.  You guys cleaned it up for a while and now it looks like $*it again.   On mobile I have to scroll to see the most current discussion.  Just because some half wits dont know how to use google or twitter doesn’t mean you need to pin threads.  If people want to talk about the nba, then it will get sent to the top- why pin it?

On 11/13/2018 at 8:29 PM, milehiiu said:

I know how you missed it.  That is what happens when there are too many pinned threads.  That is one that should stay for the duration of the season. And I can understand having an NBA thread posted in August, an off time for IU BB, as well.... but (sorry Kev) to keep it pinned as IU is entering the BB season is curious to me.  That's aging at it's best. And if people are interested enough, they can either just bump the thread or post in it to keep the thread alive on the first page. 

Even having a suggestion thread is a great idea. But why pin it ? 

Pinned threads IMHO, should be like our  schedule and roster, as you requested.  And only for the current season. And maybe other things that become pertinent during the season, but not left up till they become stale.  Again, not a complaint.... just my opinion.

I don’t think roster or schedule needs pinned either.  That info is so easy to find all over the internet.  How about you guys just add a tab/page where you can put relevant info like roster, schedule, scholarship info, etc. 

I look at it like this.  The NFL discussion is in the Animal House.  MLB discussion is in the Animal House.  But yet NBA discussion is in General Basketball?  Makes no sense.  I ain't complaining, just saying it makes no sense.  People get confused.....I know I do.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2018 at 12:14 PM, rico said:

I look at it like this.  The NFL discussion is in the Animal House.  MLB discussion is in the Animal House.  But yet NBA discussion is in General Basketball?  Makes no sense.  I ain't complaining, just saying it makes no sense.  People get confused.....I know I do.

Basketball being in General Basketball confuses you? 

Guys - soliciting your input —-

Why do you feel the live chat / chat box isn’t being used? 

Before the move to 247, the chat box was kind of a thing on the old site — lots of use including during games for live discussion. 

Game threads are great. We’re wondering though why the lack of interest in the chat box — we’re talking about whether to just drop it, or whether to try something to make it interesting / fun again —

Thoughts?

20 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Before the move to 247, the chat box was kind of a thing on the old site — lots of use including during games for live discussion. 

Game threads are great. We’re wondering though why the lack of interest in the chat box — we’re talking about whether to just drop it, or whether to try something to make it interesting / fun again —

Thoughts?

JMO, we tried it on my site.  It didn't work there either.  Then we started a chat room...it lasted about a year tops.  I think when most people are on the net, they are surfing around.  Once again JMO.  But I will say that I absolutely love the game threads...it gets my attention and I am active in them.  But I am just one voice.  

7 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Thoughts?

When compared to a game thread, if you are late to the party, it is much easier to catch-up on the discussion in a game thread than it is the chatbox.  And, as far as I know, there is no quote feature in the chat.

Now, in regards to why we do not use the chat to say 'good morning' to each other, I can't answer that.  But, it truly is not a good tool for in=depth discussion, which is the reason I enjoy this board..

Archived