Suggestion Thread

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, rico said:

JMO, we tried it on my site.  It didn't work there either.  Then we started a chat room...it lasted about a year tops.  I think when most people are on the net, they are surfing around.  Once again JMO.  But I will say that I absolutely love the game threads...it gets my attention and I am active in them.  But I am just one voice.  

Do you think holding a weekly live chat, say after Archie's radio show would work?

8 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I would love it if the one person I have on ignore would also not show up when someone quoted them.  I'm tired of seeing such a relentlessly negative person show up in my feed when they (again) say something stupid and a bunch of you are arguing with them.

Sorry, people like to argue with me. 

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Sorry, people like to argue with me. 

LOL...not you I promise.  It's just a guy who thinks his gun is bigger and shinier than anyone else's.

I can handle opposition/criticism/correction and roll with 99% of it.  It took a lot for me to finally put someone on ignore.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

LOL...not you I promise.  It's just a guy who thinks his gun is bigger and shinier than anyone else's.

I can handle opposition/criticism/correction and roll with 99% of it.  It took a lot for me to finally put someone on ignore.

It is me.......you can't handle my radio show.  I knew it!!!!!!  LOL

11 minutes ago, rico said:

It is me.......you can't handle my radio show.  I knew it!!!!!!  LOL

No...LOL...I gave a pretty giant clue who it was and I announced it when I did it so it's no real mystery anyway.  I can handle you too Rico, although I understand why some would put Dakich on ignore.:P

Just now, FKIM01 said:

No...LOL...I gave a pretty giant clue who it was and I announced it when I did it so it's no real mystery anyway.  I can handle you too Rico, although I understand why some would put Dakich on ignore.:P

LOL my friend, I know who it is.  Beer me!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Suggestion to all.

I see many questions asked and answers given.  A response in that thread of thanks is often given.
My feelings on the matter: Give a 'reaction' of thanks.  I see many doing some research or work and post.  Its nice to see the typed 'Thanks' response.
Sure, its probably the insecure egotistical side of me speaking, but the reaction of 'thanks' carries greater weight and takes less time and room in the thread.

As a test, I thanked Blue in the post above, it counted towards his rating taking him from 666 to 667.

33 minutes ago, PoHoosier said:

Suggestion to all.

I see many questions asked and answers given.  A response in that thread of thanks is often given.
My feelings on the matter: Give a 'reaction' of thanks.  I see many doing some research or work and post.  Its nice to see the typed 'Thanks' response.
Sure, its probably the insecure egotistical side of me speaking, but the reaction of 'thanks' carries greater weight and takes less time and room in the thread.

As a test, I thanked Blue in the post above, it counted towards his rating taking him from 666 to 667.

Please put him back to 666 where he belongs. 

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2019 at 12:37 PM, rico said:

This is a serious suggestion.  Put a page limit on threads.  After "X" amount of pages, lock it down.  Then just start a new thread with the same topic.  

How about starting a thread about when IU will win next and then we could guess on how many pages it will get too before they win again..🤔

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, BADGERVOL said:

Why do we have a heart for “thanks” and not like a thumbs up? Sorry I send hearts to my wife when I’m being sensitive or want a little boom boom.

:))

WTH?  You a "Welcome back Kotter" fan?  Or are you Freddie "Boom Boom" Washington?

1 hour ago, Bob said:

I am new to this . Can we clean off some of the older trends? Are ones that aren’t getting responses anymore?

That's self-policing.  Stuff that doesn't get responses gets pushed further down the list and eventually disappears from the front page.  Eliminating them altogether would prevent people from researching through the archives and some members like looking back at, for example, what our members predicted pre-season.

25 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

That's self-policing.  Stuff that doesn't get responses gets pushed further down the list and eventually disappears from the front page.  Eliminating them altogether would prevent people from researching through the archives and some members like looking back at, for example, what our members predicted pre-season.

Maybe Bob doesn't know how to get to the second page?  etc.  etc.  etc.

Archived