Suggestion Thread

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/27/2018 at 11:24 PM, ADegenerate said:

I'm fearless and also hypercritical of myself.

Can we debate the delete a post option? I hate using it but damn would I like to have it open.

Members may now delete their own posts (I think...)

On 11/30/2018 at 4:51 AM, 5fouls said:

When compared to a game thread, if you are late to the party, it is much easier to catch-up on the discussion in a game thread than it is the chatbox.  And, as far as I know, there is no quote feature in the chat.

Now, in regards to why we do not use the chat to say 'good morning' to each other, I can't answer that.  But, it truly is not a good tool for in=depth discussion, which is the reason I enjoy this board..

Mod team talked, chat box is gone.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The newest update took away the next unread thread title...just has a button to go to the next thread without any indication of what the next unread thread actually is.

Also, I've noticed several times that even when the next unread thread disappears, there are often several unread threads when I go back to the topic listing page.

On the plus side, I do like being able to delete my own comments!

• 3 weeks later...

Great place to visit, during the off-season..... is our off topic forum.  Where one can post things of interest to them (like fishing, mushroom hunting, hamburgers, etc), while we wait out the off season.  Come and visit the great members who are frequenting the Animal House.

5 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Great place to visit, during the off-season..... is our off topic forum.  Where one can post things of interest to them (like fishing, mushroom hunting, hamburgers, etc), while we wait out the off season.  Come and visit the great members who are frequenting the Animal House.

I will add we also talk NFL and MLB......and we ponder things.

Suggestion thread idea. I find myself just typing or offering up limited opinions lately. Not sure if this would be a good idea for a suggestion thread (someone else can start) but I'd like to be more respectful...especially to the one's in the know. Is there a way without identifying folks to give me a quick rundown of who I should be listening when they post? I know a few and probably a few more....but maybe there are occasional posters I should pay a little more attention. 

21 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Suggestion thread idea. I find myself just typing or offering up limited opinions lately. Not sure if this would be a good idea for a suggestion thread (someone else can start) but I'd like to be more respectful...especially to the one's in the know. Is there a way without identifying folks to give me a quick rundown of who I should be listening when they post? I know a few and probably a few more....but maybe there are occasional posters I should pay a little more attention. 

Great suggestion.  At the risk of leaving an important "insider" out of the equation.... I will just say, that over the years we have had many great "insiders" willing to share. Many of which continue with us on HSN 3.0.  I believe you will know who they are when they post.  In my case.... I have never proposed myself as bring an "insider"...but one who has been blessed by "insiders", parents of players, and students who are willing to share..... and have asked me to pass along what they have learned.   GO HOOSIERS !

As far as being respectful.... I am all in with you.  Knowing that players, friends of players and members of players read Hoosier Sports Nation.

4 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Can mods have an "Administrator" login and that is all they do.  They are not part of the discussion and we don't know who they are and their opinions can be kept to their personal accounts and not when they are mods

??????  What exactly are you saying?

• 1 month later...
On 4/9/2019 at 5:41 PM, FKIM01 said:

The newest update took away the next unread thread title...just has a button to go to the next thread without any indication of what the next unread thread actually is.

Also, I've noticed several times that even when the next unread thread disappears, there are often several unread threads when I go back to the topic listing page.

On the plus side, I do like being able to delete my own comments!

Can we revisit the next unread thread title from this post? I was coming here to post I'd like that back, but @FKIM01 already asked about it awhile ago.

• 1 month later...

Can we unpin the 2018, 2019, 2020 thread in the recruiting forum and let it die a slow death.  We have a separate 2020 recruiting hub thread, not to mention individual threads on all our primary targets.  Seems silly to still be highlighting a thread about 2018 and 2019 recruits.

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Can we unpin the 2018, 2019, 2020 thread in the recruiting forum and let it die a slow death.  We have a separate 2020 recruiting hub thread, not to mention individual threads on all our primary targets.  Seems silly to still be highlighting a thread about 2018 and 2019 recruits.

:coffee:

• 1 month later...

Archived