A fine IU Sports Weekend

milehiiu

Beginning with a huge basketball victory in basketball.

Followed by a huge win in FB. Huge, in that the W puts IU one game away from becoming bowl eligible.

Sunday morning, IU's men's and women's swimming and diving shows up huge, helping the B1G defeat the ACC.

And this afternoon, not only does IU win the B1G soccer tournament..... but completes a huge B1G season, by going undefeated against every B1G school they met this season.

Indiana, Our Indiana

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Beginning with a huge basketball victory in basketball.

Followed by a huge win in FB. Huge, in that the W puts IU one game away from becoming bowl eligible.

Sunday morning, IU's men's and women's swimming and diving shows up huge, helping the B1G defeat the ACC.

And this afternoon, not only does IU win the B1G soccer tournament..... but completes a huge B1G season, by going undefeated against every B1G school they met this season.

Indiana, Our Indiana

And as I understand it, the Hoosiers going 8-0 in the B1G, that's the first time that has happened..........

36 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

And as I understand it, the Hoosiers going 8-0 in the B1G, that's the first time that has happened..........

Very true. First time a B1G team has swept the conference in soccer.  And IU proved it was no fluke by winning the conference championship, as well.

4 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

Both men's and women's XC teams qualified for nationals as well. 

I watched the IU win in BB.  No thanks to Comcast in Colorado.

I watched, the IU win in FB this weekend.  Again no thanks to Comcast in Colorado, who does not support the alternative channel. And chose to show another game here.

I watched early IU supporting big time, the B1G conference in their double win over the ACC in both men's and women's swimming.  By the way....the B1G women dominated over the ACC.  In no small part to Lilly King.

And... a sport I rarely watch, unless it is IU soccer..... I watched as IU come up big in the championship game.

All of this.... no thanks to Comcast, but much thanks to Hulu, who covers alternate B1G games.  

I was not aware of the men's and women's teams qualifying for the nationals.  That's like putting the cherry on top of the Sundae for IU sports this weekend.  Thanks BBQ for that information.  You are a great member of HSN !

8 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

I don't think the qualifying meets were broadcast at all. I just caught it from following running. 

Didnt we we have a poster who coached a runner that went to IU? I'm not coming up with the name. 

Can't help you with the poster.  However, I do appreciate your information, seeing as how I did not see anywhere, where the meets were broadcast.  Many sports at IU... but one family. 

44 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

I don't think the qualifying meets were broadcast at all. I just caught it from following running. 

Didnt we we have a poster who coached a runner that went to IU? I'm not coming up with the name. 

And that would be me. :) she graduated this past spring but ended her career as one of the top 5 runners in virtually every event she ran in. Their coaches are doing a wonderful job in XC and Track.

18 hours ago, BADGERVOL said:

And that would be me. :) she graduated this past spring but ended her career as one of the top 5 runners in virtually every event she ran in. Their coaches are doing a wonderful job in XC and Track.

That's great to hear! I know one person that ran there that had an awesome career. It looks like this year's teams are in good shape. The guys qualified without there top runner at regionals. 

Archived