Player profile - Rob Johnson

From Osterman - https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2017/10/11/iu-basketball-preseason-profile-robert-johnson-poised-big-final-season/753291001/

Quote from CAM: “Robert Johnson — I think I said this multiple times — I've never seen a guy as motivated physically to be where he's at right now,” new IU coach Archie Miller said recently. “He's probably the best-conditioned player that I've ever been around.”

Rooting for Rob to have a great senior year.

2 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

^^ CAM has publicly stated that Newkirk is a true point and will be the team's point. Rob will play on and off ball. It sounds like Newkirk will be the primary 'floor leader,' but Rob and Collin will be team leaders, with Rob being looked to for more scoring and D. 

I would be ok with this.  Although i am still iffy on Newkirk over Green.

I think Rob can be a heck of a scorer.  Having JBJ gone may be a benefit.  Rob will know he will NEED to score and he can.  He can score different ways.  He’s also sturdy and capable of playing defense.  

Never underestimate the value of an experienced team, especially at the guard position.  They tend to outproduce projections.  You get “the whole being better than the sum of the parts” phenomenon.  The wrinkle is the vets will be playing in a new system on both ends.  So, that may erode a bit of the experience factor, but, at the end of the day, these guys have logged a ton of minutes at this level.  That’s going to be a major plus.  I expect us to be a tough and annoying out for other teams to deal with.  

Archived