Marquette Pregame Thread

rbkl

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In regard to the attendance issue, fans just aren’t going to pack the stands and go nuts for the cupcake games anymore, no matter how good the team is.  Too many other things to do on campus, and college kids these days just don’t care about glorified exhibition games.  I don’t think that’s unique to IU.

But I have no doubt the house will be packed and rocking for the Marquette game.  Like DeRon said in his post-game interview on Friday night, AH always “explodes” for big games.  The fans will be ready to go.

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

In regard to the attendance issue, fans just aren’t going to pack the stands and go nuts for the cupcake games anymore, no matter how good the team is.  Too many other things to do on campus, and college kids these days just don’t care about glorified exhibition games.  I don’t think that’s unique to IU.

But I have no doubt the house will be packed and rocking for the Marquette game.  Like DeRon said in his post-game interview on Friday night, AH always “explodes” for big games.  The fans will be ready to go.

Hopefully the students realize that Marquette is a marque matchup even though they don't have the brand name.

1 hour ago, Colonialcrester said:

Written by Todd Rundgen , an IU visiting professor and hopefully rock and roll Hall of famer this year.  I'm his biggest fan. 🙂

I was aware of who wrote and sung the song. However, I was not aware of any IU connection. So. thanks for that tidbit.  Miss a day of HSN, and you miss a lot... is what I always say.  LOL

Also, I debated what video to show.  And chose the one, I linked.  Because of.... because of.... the scenery  !  If you get my drift.   xD

57 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

This is a big IF, but I think we will win if we score more points than they do. 

Technically, an 'own goal' in a 1 point contest could result in the team scoring the most points actually losing.  It's not something you really see any more, but when I was in high school I saw 3 or 4 own goals (and not the accidental tip-in variety).

5 minutes ago, ArchieBall13 said:

Man Race can't buy a break staying healthy

Agreed. However, I hope you guys don't get tired of me saying how impressed I am about the depth of this team.  It's not like we would have been concerned if Tim Priller went down.  Instead, we have back of the bench guys, whom we don't know much about going down, who we know can step up.... yet are going down, due to injury.

Have I said, this team is deep ?   LOL 

9 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I would like to say it was :nansplit:, but that would be untruthful.  She was a complainer.

Hmm...I think that is something I would have picked up on long before putting the ring on her finger but hey...who hasn’t overlooked some serious flaws when dating the fairer sex.

8 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Hopefully the students realize that Marquette is a marque matchup even though they don't have the brand name.

If I remember correct Marquette returns a lot of scoring from last year. This is a good quality opponent for us. I expect them to be a tournament team for sure.

14 minutes ago, dgambill said:

If I remember correct Marquette returns a lot of scoring from last year. This is a good quality opponent for us. I expect them to be a tournament team for sure.

They have a kid. Last name, Howard, I believe. Who has already been putting up numbers, that we will have to watch out for. 

24 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

In regards to the number of fans showing, do you think it would be better if they got rid of the student section in the upper balcony and made those tickets available to the public?  I remember seeing that section more empty than the rest of the upper section.

Nah. The general public balcony seats haven’t been filled either. It’s not an issue with the students. 

40 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Agreed. However, I hope you guys don't get tired of me saying how impressed I am about the depth of this team.  It's not like we would have been concerned if Tim Priller went down.  Instead, we have back of the bench guys, whom we don't know much about going down, who we know can step up.... yet are going down, due to injury.

Have I said, this team is deep ?   LOL 

Very true on the depth Mile, glad we have it at our disposal with all the current injuries. Mcbob, Green and Hunter all guys that will have the most material impact of the injured group, hope they can be on the floor or get back asap. Same as Race. Let's get healthy boys!

Archived