Illinois

Down 22 and erase that lead but can't inbound the ball up 2 with 4 seconds. With that said I'll hesitate saying much more. Our rebuild is a different version/different expectation but ultimately we could experience games like this until we get on solid ground.

It was pretty funny though.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
47 minutes ago, rico said:

To be honest, I really thought Underwood was the one new coach(out of three) set up the best heading into this season.  Shows what I know.

You were not alone.  I thought it was a good hire.  And there were others on this very fan board who predicted great things for Illinois this year.  Though I thought Underwood was an upgrade over Groce.... I did remind members of this great IU forum, that Bruce Weber seemed to start seasons out, like a ball of fire, only to completely flame out once conference play started.  Underwood started this season out ..... undefeated.  And so far is still searching for his first conference win.

It's not a matter of laughing at Illinois.... but simply stating the facts.. Although I did that earlier in this thread.  But that was only in reference to an epic thread the Illini fans had on their Scout board, a number of years back. 

In comparison,  while Underwood was going undefeated, early on, after two remarkable non conference losses that Archie has suffered, Archie has managed to gather in three conference wins.  With what some on this very forum, said early on, was an inferior group of talent, compared to Illinois.

Still a lot of season to go.  But at least IU is not still looking for their first conference win.  Heck, we might lose to Illinois.  The injury gods have not been kind to us. However, one thing we can hang our hat on is that Archie has crafted three conference wins, compared to Underwood's zero, as of this date.

Another last minute loss for Illinois. At this point you start to feel for the kids (never the coach, university or fans). Oh well. So many kept saying how Underwood was this great coach. His players or not. Not seeing it to this point. Coaches can look great with Jawun Evans all day. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, BruceDouglas said:

:) ......you'll probably get payback when we have to return the game in Bloomington.

If our guys have any kind of a "Heart of a Hoosier", payback will be a biotc...... for the Illini.  Can't wait for this Valentine's Day Treat  !

Archived