Illinois

38 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I remember hearing that Underwood left OSU because Illinois offered a lot more money.  I also would’ve left without a second thought for that much money, not to mention the fact that Illinois is a much better job.

https://pistolsfiringblog.com/illinois-tripled-brad-underwoods-salary-paid-3-million-buyout/

Thanks for the link.  But I still raise an eyebrow.  

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LMAO !! Giving Indiana State praise from a LIMITED SCRIMMAGE GAME ?? The Sycamores finished 11 & 20 last season !! They lost SIX of their top EIGHTSCORERS from last season !!  Here is a list of The Sycamores' returning players and their scoring averages from last season 

#4 --6'1" Senior Guard Brenton Scott -15.9 ppg last season !1 ( I had overlooked him in my original post on this subject-SORRY ISU FANS)

#2 5'11' Sophomore guard - Jordan Barnes-6.5 points per game ( He is ISU's  SECOND LEADING RETURNING SCORER !! )

# 41-6'9" Junior Center-Emondre Rickman 3.3 PPG

#34--6'7" Senior forward--Brandon Murphy 4.2 ppg

#1--6'5" Senior- Guard-Demonte Ojinnaka -1.6 ppg

#5--6'8" Sophomore -Forward---Bronson Kessinger--1.5 ppg

#3--6'4" Sophomore Guard-Trey Knight the 3rd. , [vbg]..8 ppg !! ( only 8 tenths of a point per game last season)

That's only 33.8 ppg returning from 70 ppg last year !! 

That is only 48.3 % returning points from last year !! 

OH WELL !!  ISU will play a scrimmage with turd-u this Saturday -October 28 , 2017 at 3 PM Eastern Standard Time ( Before IU tips off with Marian , btw !!) As much as I dislike pee yew , they [ the smellermakers ] will CLOBBER ISU by any where from 15 to 20 points in this scrimmage game ,fwiw ?

P.S. I had to update this post because I had overlooked Brenton Scott [my BAD]

23 minutes ago, rico said:

I thought this was an Illinois thread?

Blame Jeff Goodman for hijacking this thread.

Getting back on topic.  After visiting Illinois this weekend, four star small forward out of Simeon high school,  Talen Horton-Tucker, cut his list to three : Illinois, Iowa State and Xavier.  And said he will announce on Thursday.

Simeon is a traditional powerhouse.  And another school that the past few years that has produced a number of highly ranked kids, who for one reason or another chose not to go to the in state school.  Let's see whether Underwood can once again do within one week's time do, what Weber and Groce failed to do. 

14 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Blame Jeff Goodman for hijacking this thread.

Getting back on topic.  After visiting Illinois this weekend, four star small forward out of Simeon high school,  Talen Horton-Tucker, cut his list to three : Illinois, Iowa State and Xavier.  And said he will announce on Thursday.

Simeon is a traditional powerhouse.  And another school that the past few years that has produced a number of highly ranked kids, who for one reason or another chose not to go to the in state school.  Let's see whether Underwood can once again do within one week's time do, what Weber and Groce failed to do. 

For quite awhile THT was supposed to be an Iowa St lean but timing of this announcement could make it interesting if he switches. The one good thing that Groce did for Underwood is when you leave a really, really bad roster.......instant playing time (guaranteed) for any recruit is pretty attractive.

21 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Trap game to start the season... We could very well lose to ISU.

I’m not sure how good ISU will be this season, although they have some talent bubbling up. Jordan Barnes is a nice young point guard from St Louis, etc   Its hard to win there year after year because of recruiting limitations but I think Greg Lansing is a solid coach for them who has had his moments.  

They also landed Cooper Neese, a 6’4 shooting guard (who changed his mind, leaving Butler), who is the state of Indiana’s seventh all time leading scorer and is eligible in Dec 2018.  I think they will rise in the MVC as Neese gets implemented. Truth be told, I think he could have been a priority for IU.  Kid can play and can flat out shoot and score. 

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

For quite awhile THT was supposed to be an Iowa St lean but timing of this announcement could make it interesting if he switches. The one good thing that Groce did for Underwood is when you leave a really, really bad roster.......instant playing time (guaranteed) for any recruit is pretty attractive.

THT was all over the Purdue boards about a month ago. Now, not a peep about him.  Not sure when that trail went cold other than it had to be fairly recently at least in the minds of fans.

( Saints & Begorra )These ole part  IRISH eyes must need NEW GLASSES !! When looking at Indiana State's  roster , I did overlook Brenton Scott and he is ISU's leading returning scorer with 15.9 points per game !! Even with Scott returning , Indiana State still only returns 48.3 % of their scoring from last season and only 47.5 % of their rebounding per game from last season ! IU  RETURNS 61.7 % OF THEIR SCORING from last season and 63.6 % of THEIR REBOUNDING PER GAME from last season ! ( And-IU re adds Senior Collin Hartmann and 3 pretty darn good recruits as well !! No way ISU  UPSETS "ARCHIE & THE GANG" ! IU WILL CUT DOWN THOSE TREES , VBG !! 

22 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Mile; AGAIN :The facts are that Brad Underwood has not been arrested nor has he EVEN received a SUBPOENA ( as other coaches have) That is FACT !! 

Doesn't it sound strange to you that Underwood has been able to land a five star out of the Chicago area, when his two predecessors were not able to do that ?  Plus may be getting another five star commit out of the Chicago area this week ? All the while he has yet to have coached one game at Illinois ?

We know this to be true, as he was surrounded by assistants that actually have been arrested by the FBI.  How can that be ?  And he knew nothing about what was going on ?

May not sound strange to you.  But it does to me. 

I obtained the indiana State roster from the ESPN website because they [ESPN] had it in the old form of LIST !! I dislike STRONGLY how school websites have gone away from the list style of reporting their rosters !! That is how I missed out on ISU STEALING Cooper Neese away from BUTLER ( I love it though, that BUTLER LOST BIG TIME by losing NEESE ) Neese is from Cloverdale High School in INDIANA !! I would have loved to see him wearing the CREAM & CRIMSON !!  The kid averaged 27.1 POINTS PER GAME last season at Cloverdale !! BY THE WAY , IU actually had a kid who played for The Hoosiers who was from Cloverdale , Indiana ! I do not remember his name [ I'm getting too old and have followed IU HOOPS since 1948-so it is hard to remember all of the names down through all of these years } I do remember though that the kid eventually committed suicide in his own garage , I seem to remember ! Avery sad ending to what started out to be a great life !!

I am getting OLD ! The kids name was Chad Tucker and he played for Butler ! He was one of the greatest players in Indiana HS basketball history , imho !! Sadly- he was only 31 years old when he took his own life !! Very sad tale !! ( I had to do some serious research to find this info and refresh my memory banks ) I guess I had wanted him to play for the Cream & Crimson so much that as the years went by I remembered him [wrongly ] as playing for The Hoosiers - My BAD !!

Mile: IF it does come out that Brad Underwood is a CHEATER , I hope the NCAA nails his arse to the wall !! I'm just saying AS OF NOW , he has not been OFFICIALLY either charged or even named as a target in the FBI investigations  !! I understand that some IU Fans dislike Illinois as much as I dislike pee-stinking-yew ! However , I remember a Former Illinois Men's Basketball Coach who publicly DEFENDED Coach Knight's on hands coaching style in practice ! I thought that was damned decent for Lou Hensen to say the things he did in defense of Coach Knight !!

By The Way -Only FOUR MORE DAYS UNTIL "ARCHIE & THE GANG " START PLAYING SOME OPPONENTS INSTEAD OF THEMSELVES  !!  Go Hoooooooooooooooosiers !!

33 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

I am getting OLD ! The kids name was Chad Tucker and he played for Butler ! He was one of the greatest players in Indiana HS basketball history , imho !! Sadly- he was only 31 years old when he took his own life !! Very sad tale !! ( I had to do some serious research to find this info and refresh my memory banks ) I guess I had wanted him to play for the Cream & Crimson so much that as the years went by I remembered him [wrongly ] as playing for The Hoosiers - My BAD !!

Good post.  I remember Tucker.  Nice player.  I believe he may have played for his dad.  You're right, it is a very sad story.

Much to my surprise, a quick response.  Seems a lot of Illini fans are now upset with Underwood.  Trying to decipher the quick cryptic response. And just when I was praising Underwood for being able to crack the dark underbelly of Chicago recruiting.... it seems the Chicago recruiting swamp has swallowed him up.

Not a lot of details.  Seems Taylor Horton-Tucker will not be committing to Illinois after all.  And the earlier commitment of 5 star Ayo is in question now. 

Details should come out later. 

Archived