Illinois

Milw: Again=This reports does NOT say that UNDERWOOD has actually "Did any wrong"  !! And - thank you ! This article did say that this investigation started in 2014 BEFORE Underwood became the Coach there !! The Article that you posted says only that an "ASSISTANT " Coach has been charged ! I STILL believe that UNDERWOOD is CLEAN !! Time may prove my wrong , but I hope that it does not !! At any rate , I hope that the FBI manages to root out all of the CHEATERS No matter whose name comes out eventually !! Of course , my # 1 hope is that the FBI finally NAILS cal-hes-smelli and the kanitucky cheaters { The all time KINGS of the COLLEGE BASKETBALL CHEATING HALL OF SHAME}

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, I know there has been a lot of back and forth about Underwood and his time at Oklahoma State, and if he was targeted at all. According to the story today with CBS the subpoena does cover the time Underwood coached there. I don't know if he did anything wrong, but still the article makes a point of saying it. Story is about coaches who could be on the hot seat because of the investigation. The quote is from the story, and I provided the link. The story is not great, but it seems to clear up the time frame targeted by the subpoena.

" And Oklahoma State has been served a subpoena that covers a timeframe of three different coaches -- namely Travis Ford, who is now at Saint Louis, Brad Underwood, who is now at Illinois, and current OSU coach Mike Boynton."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/fbi-investigation-has-hot-seat-lists-unlike-anything-college-basketball-has-ever-seen/

PEOPLE !! This LATEST article does not say that Brad Underwood has been served with a SUBPOENA !! However , it did say Jim Larranaga HAS BEEN served with a SUBPOENA !! The only reason for Underwood's name even being mentioned is because he is one of the THREE Coaches who have been the head Coach at Oklahoma State during the investigation which began in 2014 BEFORE Underwood even became the head Coach at Oklahoma State !! Is he to be presumed guilty because of an investigation that STARTED even BEFORE he became the Head Coach at that University ?? That really seems like unfair judgement {to me } !!!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

PEOPLE !! This LATEST article does not say that Brad Underwood has been served with a SUBPOENA !! However , it did say Jim Larranaga HAS BEEN served with a SUBPOENA !! The only reason for Underwood's name even being mentioned is because he is one of the THREE Coaches who have been the head Coach at Oklahoma State during the investigation which began in 2014 BEFORE Underwood even became the head Coach at Oklahoma State !! Is he to be presumed guilty because of an investigation that STARTED even BEFORE he became the Head Coach at that University ?? That really seems like unfair judgement {to me } !!!!!!!!!!!

We get that he is probably not guilty, but if an assistant of Archie's while at Dayton was being investigated, I would be very nervous that it would get tied to Archie.

Until this is all over, we are just speculating about who could be in trouble. They sure didn't hesitate to throw stones when Sampson was here.

Edit: They being Illinois fans.

19 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Wow, #27 player in the class.  Big get for Underw$$d.

First five star for Illinois since 2002.  And snagged out of Chicago.  Something his two predecessors said they were unwilling to do, as the price for 5 stars coming out of the Chicago area was too high.  

2 hours ago, Muckraker said:

Maybe some of the other schools had to withdraw their bids. 

Well, at the end there was only one school left besides Illinois.... it was Wake Forest.  Sometimes, when there is even the hint of smoke, there could later be a fire.  Just like when a 5 star, who wasn't even being recruited hard.... lands in the lap of Pitino.... who expresses surprise that the recruit chose his school. 

Seriously.  There has been a long, long history of Chicago prep coaches with their hands out.  And honestly I applaud BAM, and Groce for not filling those hands with stacks of money. 

I could respond 2 ways to this kid saying yes to Illinois.

First...initial reaction is any 4star/borderline 5 star kid who narrows his list to Illinois, Wake, and USC? Not necessarily college hoops royalty there. Makes you wonder a bit if rankings are being very generous to him now. Second way I could say this is the following. Highly rated 4/5 star player is saying yes to Underwood when his name is associated with FBI investigation??? Hope that ink is invisible come signing day. What happens if Underwood is found to have known about what Ok St assistant was doing?

Seems like a good kid by all accounts. Doesn't hurt that Kendall Gill was his neighbor. Either way....we have bigger fish to fry than Illini.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Can someone refresh my memory as to why Underwood left Okie St. after one season?

It was a mystery at the time, as to why Underwood left OSU.  Came as a surprise to the OSU AD, who learned about his leaving via twitter.

Now, we may have a better idea as to why Underwood left, just after signing a five year contract with OSU.

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

It was a mystery at the time, as to why Underwood left OSU.  Came as a surprise to the OSU AD, who learned about his leaving via twitter.

Now, we may have a better idea as to why Underwood left, just after signing a five year contract with OSU.

Could be that he knew something up?  Or he was running to hide?  I dunnu.  I also saw that he was on Huggins' staff at K-State when they landed two big time recruits.

32 minutes ago, rico said:

Could be that he knew something up?  Or he was running to hide?  I dunnu.  I also saw that he was on Huggins' staff at K-State when they landed two big time recruits.

I don't know either.  However, with a Grand Jury sniffing around a place I surprisingly left having met with success, after only one year... it certainly should be of some concern.

On 10/16/2017 at 3:03 PM, hoosiertildeath said:

P.S. I just found out that some sources consider Brad Underwood's 2017-2018 Illinois  recruiting class the THIRD BEST IN THE BIG TEN FOR 2017-2018  !!

Yes with Another known cheating Assistant. Ya see a pattern here HTD?

13 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Well, at the end there was only one school left besides Illinois.... it was Wake Forest.  Sometimes, when there is even the hint of smoke, there could later be a fire.  Just like when a 5 star, who wasn't even being recruited hard.... lands in the lap of Pitino.... who expresses surprise that the recruit chose his school. 

Seriously.  There has been a long, long history of Chicago prep coaches with their hands out.  And honestly I applaud BAM, and Groce for not filling those hands with stacks of money. 

Illinois and Wake for the #27 player in the class? You know someone chased the big boys away. Some body with their hand out.

Archived