IU Home game attendance ??

Game 1 vs. Ohio State 52,929 !!

Game 2-vs Georgia State 42 , 886

Game 3-vs. Charleston Southern 35 ,995

I'm betting that the attendance figures for the game this Saturday with Michigan will resemble the 52 ,000 PLUS that showed up for the BUCKNUTS game !! I was at the game when IU beat Ole Bo Schembechler and his mighty Wolverines [in Bloomington] !!! Let's all hope that this Hoosier Squad pulls off another  "SURPRISE' ending for those darn Wolverines !!

80 degrees in B-town in almost the middle of October ?  Not exactly football weather.  But great for the fans in the stands. As an aside, I had 7 inches of snow at my house this past Monday, and some of the ski resorts in the mountains will be opening up this weekend, for anyone interesting in coming to Colorado to ski.  I would imagine to see a lot of Blue in the stands.  Not a problem for me, as IU has issues with putting rears in the seats ( the additional revenue is welcome, IHMO).... and it just adds to the atmosphere.  Hope the place is jumping.  I will be watching.

GO HOOSIERS !

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

80 degrees in B-town in almost the middle of October ?  Not exactly football weather.  But great for the fans in the stands. As an aside, I had 7 inches of snow at my house this past Monday, and some of the ski resorts in the mountains will be opening up this weekend, for anyone interesting in coming to Colorado to ski.  I would imagine to see a lot of Blue in the stands.  Not a problem for me, as IU has issues with putting rears in the seats ( the additional revenue is welcome, IHMO).... and it just adds to the atmosphere.  Hope the place is jumping.  I will be watching.

GO HOOSIERS !

Well, I've attended games vs Michigan where there were a lot of Wolverine fans, and I can tell you that hearing Hail to the Victors got old real quick. As usual, a few knucklehead UM fans became pretty obnoxious.

Hope IU can do enough on the field to keep that noise to a minimum 

14 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Well, I've attended games vs Michigan where there were a lot of Wolverine fans, and I can tell you that hearing Hail to the Victors got old real quick. As usual, a few knucklehead UM fans became pretty obnoxious.

Hope IU can do enough on the field to keep that noise to a minimum 

Actually, I think the IU band is too quiet, during the games.  While I understand their not playing during our up tempo offensive series.... there are plenty of other times I would love to hear them play.  A few days ago, I sat next to the University of Wyoming band in Laramie, during a game.  They played constantly... and it added ton's to the atmosphere of the game. That was till near the end of the game when it started hailing on us.  I went for cover, but the band played on.   LOL

JL.  I love what you add to our site.  Always appreciate your contributions.  Good to have you around.

15 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Actually, I think the IU band is too quiet, during the games.  While I understand their not playing during our up tempo offensive series.... there are plenty of other times I would love to hear them play.  A few days ago, I sat next to the University of Wyoming band in Laramie, during a game.  They played constantly... and it added ton's to the atmosphere of the game. That was till near the end of the game when it started hailing on us.  I went for cover, but the band played on.   LOL

JL.  I love what you add to our site.  Always appreciate your contributions.  Good to have you around.

Well, that Wyoming game might be one occasion where Hail to the Victors was appropriate. 

The band at basketball games always makes the atmosphere more juiced. Agree completely that the Marching 100 needs to ramp up their game.

Thanks for the kind words. Love the new site.

Archived