Jump to content

Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!


milehiiu

IU vs Arkansas pre-game thread

Recommended Posts

A young Arkansas squad playing a press against this IU team? Go for it. I think we have the length, speed, scoring, and bball IQ to beat that strategy. IU wins 81-69.

Edited by BEKA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we take care of the ball and make them earn it in the half court I think we should win. Arkansas is a much better team at home then what their ranking belies. This will be a good test and a great game to help prepare us for the Camron Crazies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sooey hog will be out in full force. Hope that the guy who was at the college baseball World Series is not at courtside 

Our guys need to put all that aside and focus on their game and we’ll be okay 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

So they play a style that basically invites Romeo and Justin to play in the open court?

I like our chances.

I was thinking this same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Road is just different. I won't predict another blowout but something like IU 88 Arkansas 79. My biggest concern right now is getting our TV setup in the freezing cold while tailgating at Soldier Field tomorrow afternoon before Bears vs Vikings game so I can watch.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As amazing as they’ve been, always worry a bit about a freshmen backcourt in their first road game. Like Seeking6 said, the road is just different sometimes. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, jblaz13 said:

I was just thinking the same general thing . It somewhat reminds me of the  @NC State game several years ago - going into that one.  Cautious optimism, with a bit more underlying optimism than caution. We'll see which is more warranted early on , but Sunday's game can hardly get here fast enough! for me!  :)

 

Great comparison. Very similar feelings going into both games, and that was a sort of early barometer game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Road is just different. I won't predict another blowout but something like IU 88 Arkansas 79. My biggest concern right now is getting our TV setup in the freezing cold while tailgating at Soldier Field tomorrow afternoon before Bears vs Vikings game so I can watch.

Sunday is going to be a major league couch potato day for me. Bears then IU. I'll be thinking of you sitting in front of a nice roaring fire :cheers:

With a fast paced game, I have to think IU will be in the 90s again. Going to go with IU 94-78. Just think we have more quality with our depth, more experience and expect our guards to be able to handle the pressure.

Edited by Reacher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BGleas said:

As amazing as they’ve been, always worry a bit about a freshmen backcourt in their first road game. Like Seeking6 said, the road is just different sometimes. 

The road is always different.  I predicted that we'd blowout Marquette but I honestly see a close loss here.  Hope I'm wrong.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

The road is always different.  I predicted that we'd blowout Marquette but I honestly see a close loss here.  Hope I'm wrong.  

Going off your prediction history.....I have good vibes about the game now!!!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, rico said:

Going off your prediction history.....I have good vibes about the game now!!!!!!

I think my game prediction history is pretty solid.  Always bet on IU at home but rarely on the road.  We have a good coach now though so hopefully that will change.  I need to see it first though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

92-68 IU.  

Ya think it will be that close?  LOL

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Reacher said:

Sunday is going to be a major league couch potato day for me. Bears then IU. I'll be thinking of you sitting in front of a nice roaring fire :cheers:

With a fast paced game, I have to think IU will be in the 90s again. Going to go with IU 94-78. Just think we have more quality with our depth, more experience and expect our guards to be able to handle the pressure.

I loved getting the Bears flexed to night game...but being outdoors next to the Lake for roughly 7 hours has me freezing inside already. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×