Arkansas post game

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate losing. But this one is not crushing. We fought hard. Had guys out injured, and if that tip from Davis goes another half inch, we win.

We were not going undefeated. A road, no conference loss...against a power 5 team is just a building block. Plant to build on. Tough loss. But nothing I am getting worked up over.

2 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

That final time out called by Archie basically ended the game. That time out HAS to be called after the make or miss.

No doubt that he made a mistake by calling the timeout when he dd.  Also that foul call was horrendous and should have never been called.  Also the last play should have went through Morgan and let him set up the last shot.

It’s going to be hard to beat us.  I will say that. Arkansas is not a bad team and they’re tough to beat at home. It’s the equivalent to losing against Minny on the road. 

That last call of the game is honestly one of the worst calls I’ve seen in a while. Barely had possession, last seconds of game, you can’t can’t get ticky tack. That was straight up BS. 

2 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

That final time out called by Archie basically ended the game. That time out HAS to be called after the make or miss.

Absolutely, that was a really bad decision. And then to compound it we weren't prepared for them to miss on purpose either (Morgan grabs it instead of a guard and chucks instantly from 75 feet). Let the bigs clear out, Langford swoops in and doesn't touch it until he's facing the correct way, he gets 2-3 dribbles and shoots from somewhere near halfcourt. Basically same scenario as the Butler-Duke final in 2010. Still unlikely we score but messing up little stuff like that is not a good look.

Just now, IU Scott said:

Also Demezi should not have played so many minutes because it is clear he has no clue how to play defense.  We got absolutely nothing from Smith and Fitzner and still had a chance to win the game so that should be some encouragement.

Damezi isn't ready, but with the injuries right now there isn't anyone else. The only available guys who didn't play were bigs (Forrester and Moore).

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Also Demezi should not have played so many minutes because it is clear he has no clue how to play defense.  We got absolutely nothing from Smith and Fitzner and still had a chance to win the game so that should be some encouragement.

Demezi was really bad on D. Missed mcroberts and Jerome big time in this one

Arkansas is a much much better team at home then on the road. We had several chances to win that game we just didn’t execute. Most importantly we weren’t strong with the ball. I would rather see the timeout before the last play and get the ball to Romeo and clear out or a two man game with Juwan. Hindsight is 20/20. We really really missed Green and McRoberts defense and leadership. No offense to Damezi but his defense and ball handling was exploited. I knew it was going to be a tough win I see Arkansas on tv down here all the time. Home court is plus 12-15 for them. Well our freshman got a ton of experience today. Young guys spent a ton of time on the floor in first half without Juwan. We saw foul trouble really affect us again.

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

No doubt that he made a mistake by calling the timeout when he dd.  Also that foul call was horrendous and should have never been called.  Also the last play should have went through Morgan and let him set up the last shot.

Bingo again! Morgan touches the ball one time in the post under 4 minutes and we get a double, pass out and wide open 3 from Rob to tie it. Under 4 on the road tie game give it to your man on the block and let him make a play wether it’s finding someone off the double or scoring! Bad coaching! Come on Arch!!

Archived