Arkansas post game

17 minutes ago, rico said:

Just listened to the final stats. 2 things jump out....more TOs than assists.  18-13.  And only 14 points off the bench.

Half of those 18 turnovers were made by Durham and Langford. Romeo looked like he wanted nothing to do with the ball when Arkansas pressed.

Ah well...

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I hear ya. But keep in mind, we struggled all day against their half court defense. Our best chance, in THIS game was transition under 10 seconds to go. I feel you have to let your players play instead of letting them set up their defense where we struggled in the half court most of the game.

I get your point but that play wasn't in transition. It was after a dead ball out of bounds at the other end. In that situation with a freshman PG I'd have liked to see Archie take one there. If that's senior year Yogi with the ball in his hands, then sure skip the timeout and just let him go.

40 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I hate losing. But this one is not crushing. We fought hard. Had guys out injured, and if that tip from Davis goes another half inch, we win.

We were not going undefeated. A road, no conference loss...against a power 5 team is just a building block. Plant to build on. Tough loss. But nothing I am getting worked up over.

see, i totally disagree.  i thought we played extremely poorly in all aspects of the game and lost to a lesser talented team.  i also feel like we needed to get in the rankings before we lose at Duke.  i think this was a really big loss.  

9 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I hear ya. But keep in mind, we struggled all day against their half court defense. Oir best chance, in THIS game was transition under 10 seconds to go. I feel you have to let your players play instead of letting them set up their defense where we struggled in the half court most of the game.

I see where your coming from but We didn’t struggle when we got the ball to Juwan. Under 4 tie game you have to go to him! That’s why we wanted him back and that’s why he came back is for those possessions in these games on the road. Not a freshmen who almost all of us thought would be a stretch for him to start this early let alone make a game winning play. Archie should of went to Juwan continuously down the stretch they were going to double and you gotta trust that he makes the right play which he did 2 plays earlier when we found Rob wide open to tie the game. 

Thats like not going to Oladipo or Lebron down the stretch. Juwan is that guy for us. You know those guys are going to make the right play then you live the result win or lose. 

Also i think Arch is a really good coach but it truly was poor coaching the last 4 minutes. I’ll always be honest no matter who my team is. 

Just now, NCHoosier32 said:

i don't think any of the guys we were missing would have made the difference in a win or loss.  we just played very poorly. 

Your crazy if you truly don’t think Mcroberts would of made more of a difference than Damezi in a 1 point ball game. We win by 10 if we are healthy and I say that without hesitation 

32 minutes ago, loviubb said:

Guys 4 guys on injured list. Bad call at the end. But right there!! Not going 40-0 but going to be a tough out come March!

I am not to upset with a loss but I hate losing games that I felt that should have been a W.  I thought before the season that we would lose 2 non conference games with one being at Duke.  We need to go 3-1 against the other quality opponents so our margin of error is gone.  We seem to always struggle playing Butler so we have to win that one and beat UL.

2 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

see, i totally disagree.  i thought we played extremely poorly in all aspects of the game and lost to a lesser talented team.  i also feel like we needed to get in the rankings before we lose at Duke.  i think this was a really big loss.  

i don't understand the ranking thing.  Is it for respect?  is it for motivation?  your ranking never has any impact of your seeding come march. I am not saying you are wrong, I am just curious your thoughts

This will be a great learning experience for the team.  It was a true road test in a hostile environment against a decent team.  There were moments when our freshmen looked like freshmen, and that’s going to happen at times in this early season.  The one thing I want to see moving forward is guys actually coming to get the ball rather than them waiting on the pass to come to them.  There were four turnovers that I can remember that wouldn’t have been, if the guy just works towards the ball.  Plenty of stuff to clean up, but we’ll be alright.  Had to be flying high after the Marquette win, so it’s good to get knocked down a notch or two.

8 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i don't think any of the guys we were missing would have made the difference in a win or loss.  we just played very poorly. 

I totally disagree with that because if Green or McRoberts were playing the minutes that Anderson was playing it would made a big difference.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am not to upset with a loss but I hate losing games that I felt that should have been a W.  I thought before the season that we would lose 2 non conference games with one being at Duke.  We need to go 3-1 against the other quality opponents so our margin of error is gone.  We seem to always struggle playing Butler so we have to win that one and beat UL.

I think think this game helps us do just that.

5 minutes ago, Maud'Dib said:

i don't understand the ranking thing.  Is it for respect?  is it for motivation?  your ranking never has any impact of your seeding come march. I am not saying you are wrong, I am just curious your thoughts

i guess as far as i'm concerned i just like for my team to be ranked.  i guess respect?  i would also say that rankings do have something to do with making the tourney.  i don't think a lot of unranked teams make it other than small conference champs.

4 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

man i thought he played really poorly in all aspects

He did.  If I’m Archie, I’m telling him to go strong and try and dunk on everyone when he goes to the rim.  For having a 48” vertical, I think he goes pretty soft to the rim (except that one dunk attempt today).  He definitely needs to work on developing a consistent jump shot.  

19 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Your crazy if you truly don’t think Mcroberts would of made more of a difference than Damezi in a 1 point ball game. We win by 10 if we are healthy and I say that without hesitation 

We had 4 steals. As sloppy as Arkansas was with the ball, only 4 steals. I think McRoberts would have made a difference there too...

And about halfway through the 2nd half, I thought if GOOD Devonte could have shown up and played, we would have been much better off...

1 minute ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

So....  You're saying this 1 point loss to a good Ark team at their place where they've won 44 straight home games negates our big win against Marq.??

i would definitely think so.  a good Arkansas team?  i guess.  they aren't close to sniffing the top 25 and were picked to finish toward the bottom of their conference.  why would we move into the top 25 after losing to them and beating #24?

9 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Yes..could be a few weeks before we get even close,couple of easy games then we play at Duke..gulp

personally i am fine with that.  Will keep the team hungry. And something about having that number by your name, always feel like you get a better shot from smaller teams

Archived