Arkansas post game

21 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i guess as far as i'm concerned i just like for my team to be ranked.  i guess respect?  i would also say that rankings do have something to do with making the tourney.  i don't think a lot of unranked teams make it other than small conference champs.

The only time I am worried about rankings is if we are #1 after the final game of the season

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i would also say that rankings do have something to do with making the tourney.  i don't think a lot of unranked teams make it other than small conference champs.

Let me do the math on that.  68 teams in the NCAAT.  Ranked teams are 25.  

I tried to tell many of you guys that live in the land of unicorns and forest gnomes that this was a 6th place finisher with a mediocre coach before the season started. However, you wouldn’t listen and now the excuse machine to running at full capacity. “Oh, our guys had a great learning experience today playing in the toughest environment in the world.”
“Nolan Richardson’s presence there today was just too much pressure for us.”

That team has like 8 freshmen on their team. They punched us in the mouth today and our guys just took it.

Keep drinking the kool aid boys. We’ll be just fine.

This is a comment by someone of the rivals boards and see why I stopped posting on that site.  I have not been to that board for awhile but went to day just to monitor the situation over there after a loss and found this stupid post.  This is just the tip of the iceberg with this poster because there are plenty of more post like this from him today.  This guy has been like this on the football board as well and this guy is totally deranged.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I tried to tell many of you guys that live in the land of unicorns and forest gnomes that this was a 6th place finisher with a mediocre coach before the season started. However, you wouldn’t listen and now the excuse machine to running at full capacity. “Oh, our guys had a great learning experience today playing in the toughest environment in the world.”

That team has like 8 freshmen on their team. They punched us in the mouth today and our guys just took it.

This is a comment by someone of the rivals boards and see why I stopped posting on that site.  I have not been to that board for awhile but went to day just to monitor the situation over there after a loss and found this stupid post.  This is just the tip of the iceberg with this poster because there are plenty of more post like this from him today.  This guy has been like this on the football board as well and this guy is totally deranged.

This is the reason why this is the only board I post on.  Both the IU and Purdue site there make their respective fanbases look bad.

I keep seeing people mentioning the last call, but the officiating was consistently bad from the under 8 timeout until the end of the game.

There was a layup from Morgan that just didn't get counted.  I couldn't hear what the reason behind not counting the basket was, but I couldn't see anything that would have caused that.

A couple possessions later the refs called what is LITERALLY the worst charging call on Durham I have ever seen.  I mean, the defender jumped into the side of Durham from INSIDE the three foot arc, and they called it charging.

IU didn't execute well throughout the game, but make no mistake, the refs gave this game to Arkansas; quite literally in fact.

4 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

I keep seeing people mentioning the last call, but the officiating was consistently bad from the under 8 timeout until the end of the game.

There was a layup from Morgan that just didn't get counted.  I couldn't hear what the reason behind not counting the basket was, but I couldn't see anything that would have caused that.

A couple possessions later the refs called what is LITERALLY the worst charging call on Durham I have ever seen.  I mean, the defender jumped into the side of Durham from INSIDE the three foot arc, and they called it charging.

IU didn't execute well throughout the game, but make no mistake, the refs gave this game to Arkansas; quite literally in fact.

In the refs’ defense, the call on Durham was because he gave the defender a forearm shiver mid-air. I couldn’t really be upset about that call after seeing the replay. Plenty of other BS calls though. 

Now, now. No need to get that upset. This is IU basketball we are talking about. I’m just trying to level set for all you guys predicting big things after our usual deceiving home win against a ranked team. Even Clappy had those. Wish we had gotten Donovan instead of mini-Crean

Another post from that idiot on rivals.

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Glad I read the whole post because I thought the start of it was you complaining about CAM.

That last foul call was complete BS. We should have been in OT even with the missed tip by Deron. We didn't play well and let their one good big pretty much control the game. I thought we would be better defensively on him in the second half, but we just continued to let him do what he wanted. I am disappointed, but not giving up on the season.

Just my random thoughts:

Someone mentioned CTC might have won this game.  I watched F=Georgia lose to Temple.   No half court offense.  20 Turnovers.  No defense.  Not much changed from what we saw from him at IU.  So NO CTC would not have won tonight.  

Played poorly with multiple freshmen and still should have won.  Multiple missed "bunnies."  Missed layup and Tip at end.   

We absolutely missed McRoberts, Green, Hunter, Race.  

Smith is athletic but plays way too soft and therefore does not finish at the rim by scoring or drawing fouls.  Seems to avoid being fouled.  Lost on D a lot

Damezi not understanding D yet.  

DD looking better than he should give his injury.  Will be a big contributor this year

RL needs to improve handle and 3pt shot.  Several lazy passes.  Not adjusted to D1 level of play yet.  Absolutely can finish at rim

We played poorly yet well enough that we could have won the game.

Season is a marathon not a sprint.  

Team is coachable and has the man at the helm I trust.

Not dissatisfied with team at all.  They all need to grow and improve.

This team is going to improve and get key players healthy.  We are going to be a force in the BIG!   Go IU!

19 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Now, now. No need to get that upset. This is IU basketball we are talking about. I’m just trying to level set for all you guys predicting big things after our usual deceiving home win against a ranked team. Even Clappy had those. Wish we had gotten Donovan instead of mini-Crean

Another post from that idiot on rivals.

These guys were on here early but not anymore.

37 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If I wasn't sure, sounds like Hoosier24, who was talking smack in the game thread..........

Oh well.  Not gonna lose much sleep over this one.  When you play on the road against a power conference team early in the season like this, these types of losses can happen.  Young team on the road played like crap and still should’ve won the game at the end.  Injuries and foul trouble were too much to overcome when they just played harder than we did for a large portion of the game.

The good thing is that this loss doesn’t matter much.  Arkansas will be a tournament team, so this loss on the road won’t hurt our resume.  Would have been a nice resume-boosting win, but we have plenty more opportunities on the schedule.  Lotta season left... Take the L and move on.  Not surprised to see some of the hysterical takes on here though, lol.

At Colts’ game so did not watch.

From the comments on here , my takeaway is that people care again. For so long, there was an ennui surrounding this fan base. People had a “meh” attitude and the program seemed to have lost a lot of us. 

Today, people are upset. Some are making crazy statements, but I think that is because they have bought in again. IU fans know that this can be a special team and they are emotionally invested for the first time in a while.

List a battle. The war is yet to be determined 

16 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

uIf I wasn't sure, sounds like Hoosier24, who was talking smack in the game thread..........

The guy goes by CrimsonCrush and he has totally lost any ounce of reality the last few weeks on the football board.    When he gets called out for letting the outcome of games bother him so much he says life is not worth living if his teams don't win.

22 minutes ago, FWIUFan said:

Just my random thoughts:

Someone mentioned CTC might have won this game.  I watched F=Georgia lose to Temple.   No half court offense.  20 Turnovers.  No defense.  Not much changed from what we saw from him at IU.  So NO CTC would not have won tonight.  

Played poorly with multiple freshmen and still should have won.  Multiple missed "bunnies."  Missed layup and Tip at end.   

We absolutely missed McRoberts, Green, Hunter, Race.  

Smith is athletic but plays way too soft and therefore does not finish at the rim by scoring or drawing fouls.  Seems to avoid being fouled.  Lost on D a lot

Damezi not understanding D yet.  

DD looking better than he should give his injury.  Will be a big contributor this year

RL needs to improve handle and 3pt shot.  Several lazy passes.  Not adjusted to D1 level of play yet.  Absolutely can finish at rim

We played poorly yet well enough that we could have won the game.

Season is a marathon not a sprint.  

Team is coachable and has the man at the helm I trust.

Not dissatisfied with team at all.  They all need to grow and improve.

This team is going to improve and get key players healthy.  We are going to be a force in the BIG!   Go IU!

I don't think anyone on here said anything about Crean winning this game some idiots on another board.  One good response was that of course Crean wouldn't have lost since he would have never scheduled this game in the first place.

Archived