Arkansas post game

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I agree with that.  I think he's a very good coach.  I've said many times if he can just do what his brother has done at AZ, without cheating of course, which is always have us in the hunt, no sane fan will ever call for his job even if he hasn't made a FF 

Yes, you have consistently said you think Archie is a good coach. So, then patience should be course of action, not the mob if we lose in the 2nd round this year. 

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yes, you have consistently said you think Archie is a good coach. So, then patience should be course of action, not the mob if we lose in the 2nd round this year. 

I will definitely not be part of that mob.  I'm just saying they exist and will grow as they did during the Crean era if we don't keep getting better.

11 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I will definitely not be part of that mob.  I'm just saying they exist and will grow as they did during the Crean era if we don't keep getting better.

The mob is ridiculous. I get it under Crean, I did support him at times early on, but it was clear he wasn't going to work. I think Archie is the real deal if people are smart and patient. 

There will always be some that any loss will merit his resignation. That said we should not ever miss the post-season again. Can't have that. We need to be in the tourney and making regular deep advances (Sweet16 minimum) every couple years. Occassional upsets will happen...early knockouts...but looking at the team in 4 year stretches we shouldn't ever miss the tourney, should win at least a share of the B1G once, and have a deep run at least once. That is what I expect. NCAA has so much parity it would be hard to expect regular final 4 appearances. I would say by year 10 if we haven't made the final 4....it could be time to see if someone else can take us to that next step. I'm hoping for a NC in the next 10 years....and perhaps 2 in the Archie era with a couple more final 4's in there. Can I raise that expectation...I would love to but that is what my goal would be for the program and if we aren't on course for that then I might have to go a different route.

19 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

A coach gets at least 4 years.  We all agree on that.  I'm just saying that right or wrong if we finish 3rd in the B1G and flame out early in the dance the mob will be coming.  To quote Fred, "deep tourney runs are expected to be a regularity."

Yeah, but to be totally fair, you’re moving the goal posts from the post previous to this one. You said if we don’t make a “deep tourney run” this season the mob will be after Archie, “and rightfully so.” That doesn’t jive with “agreeing a coach gets 4 years.”

You’ve clarified your position in the interim, but I’d suggest being a bit more careful with your wording...it’s the primary reason, it seems, so many are taking you to task.

Archived