UT Arlington Pregame Thread

Ah, a tomato can after a disappointing loss, everyone's favorite type of game! :coffee:

When: Tuesday, 11/20 at 7pm ET on BTN

Vegas: IU -24

ESPN: 98% chance of IU victory

KenPom: IU #18, UT Arlington #225. Predicts IU to win 84-62 with a 97% chance of victory.

UTA is 3-1, losing to Texas A&M Corpus Christi (311 KenPom) and beating a non-D1 team in Texas Tyler, our opponent this Friday (UC Davis) and Northern Iowa (151 KenPom)

IU Scouting Report

image.png.df39c5a0e3adf6f316ab078c0a1297e5.png

UTA Scouting Report

image.png.28c86f13375ba253cce4815e0508e299.png

I know we are no TAMU Chorpus Chritie but hopefully we can dig deep and rebound after a tough road game. 🤔

Hopefully we use this game for what it should be. Experiment with line ups, get young players game experience and get out as healthy as we came in. I do not care if we cover the spread, just win the game. I would prefer with our current health issues that if we get up big we are smart and get our key players off the court. As good as the Marquette game was we had several starters on the court in garbage minutes. Put the walk ons in and dont risk anyone we need, our depth is gone and we cannot afford another injury.

From the small bit of video available on UTA, they appear very aggressive and like to spread you out. I kept seeing, when UTA shot the ball, 3 guard immediately flash behind the 3 point line for either a kick out and 3 pt shot or ready for fast break defense. #5 and #22 stood out the most as two of their best players. UTA appears very scrappy. Definitely a team to not let hang around. 

8 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

From the small bit of video available on UTA, they appear very aggressive and like to spread you out. I kept seeing, when UTA shot the ball, 3 guard immediately flash behind the 3 point line for either a kick out and 3 pt shot or ready for fast break defense. #5 and #22 stood out the most as two of their best players. UTA appears very scrappy. Definitely a team to not let hang around. 

Don't think that will be a problem.......

13 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

The combination of short rest, lack of guard depth, and UT Arlington being VERY, well, short, has me thinking that we are on Johnny Jager watch for this one.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/indiana-right-back-at-it-on-tuesday-night-vs-ut-arlington/

Sounds good. I'm hoping this will be an epic Jager Bomb night.

Archived