DT Kristian Williams to Oregon

KDB

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Oh no - I really wanted him.  He was dang near the top of my list.

i guess it was a clue that Juan Harris and Antoine Whitner are in this weekend at DT. 

He was one of my top ones too.

If we get Harris it might work out. He's 2 years older, so he's more likely be ready to contribute this coming year than Williams would be, and we need some DT help for this coming year. I have faith that Allen will be able to sign a good DT recruit this year or next year to make up for not getting Williams.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, KDB said:

Wiltfong says that Kristian Williams is not expected to sign with Minnesota, and that besides IU he is high on Oregon and potentially Memphis as well.

He also said that between Kristian Williams and Latrell Jean, he ultimately believes one will be in the class.

I remember thinking it was weird when he didn't sign with Minnesota.  It was like a week after he said he'd be going there.

I would love for us to be able to pull in Williams.  I've been saying for a couple months that he's one of the guys in this class I'd most like to get.

He's ranked 252 on 247, so he'd be just outside of their top247 rankings.  I think we need more help at DT than at DE, so I think he'd be a bigger pickup than Jean, but I'd gladly take either one.

When it was starting to come out a few weeks ago I was hoping that we might have been part of the reason for that.

Seeing the crystal ball picks for Oregon and hearing his interest in them, I wonder if he was just holding out for a better school.

I still think we have a shot, so hopefully we can put the press on him and bring him in.

• KDB changed the title to DT Kristian Williams to Oregon

Archived