Post Game Autographs

First of all. Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation !

I know the lady Hoosiers are expected to sign autographs after home games.  Not sure about the men.

What I would do, is ask one of the hospitality hosts, upon entering the Carnegie Hall of College Basketball.  I am sure they will be able to help you.

And lastly....... have a blast at the game !

40 minutes ago, Zville Hoosier said:

I'm taking my 8 y/o boys to the game tonight, they're pumped. They want to try and get some autographs, does anyone know 1) If the players do that and 2) If so, approximately how long after the game do they come out? 

Thanks!

If you can get their early  you may be able to take the items to the basketball office if still open and leave it with your info and what you want and they will try to get what you ask for and when it is ready they will either mail it to you or email you to pick up. not exactly the same but... you can always wait after the game outside the doors where players exit and take a chance. I am sure someone here will have better suggestions.

8 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I know the lady Hoosiers are expected to sign autographs after home games.  Not sure about the men.

What I would do, is ask one of the hospitality hosts, upon entering the Carnegie Hall of College Basketball.  I am sure they will be able to help you.

Anyone know if Archie will sign stuff?  I know when RMk was there you could drop stuff at his office and he would sign it.

2 hours ago, Zville Hoosier said:

I'm taking my 8 y/o boys to the game tonight, they're pumped. They want to try and get some autographs, does anyone know 1) If the players do that and 2) If so, approximately how long after the game do they come out? 

Thanks!

I've seen some of the players coming back out to the floor after games.  Definitely seen Romeo do it a few times.  Never seen coaches come back out.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Thanks Mile. Long time lurker but looking forward to get engaged. Should be a fun year!  

57 minutes ago, Zville Hoosier said:

Thanks Mile. Long time lurker but looking forward to get engaged. Should be a fun year!  

You are welcome.  Hope to see more from you, going forward.  And would love to hear a report not only if your young men were able to get autographs, but also their reaction to being in the Hall. 

Update on the Autograph situation... if you go down to the floor right after the game they let you onto the court after about 10 minutes and you can take pictures. I feel like they said this was for kids (and their parents) so no guarantees you can do it without kids. From there it’s luck of the draw as to whether any players decide to come out. Tonight, Phinisee, Fitzner and Taylor we’re out there talking with family/friends and took pictures. Romeo came out but was ushered directly up into the stands to see his family and spent 10-15 minutes with them. He gave his brother what seemed to be a 30 second hug and had tears in his eyes. Someone said he hadn’t seen him for a while and it looked emotional. It was a cool moment. The ushers we’re trying to get everyone out of there after about 30 minutes past end of game and Romeo came down from the stands and a bunch of kids asked him for pics and autographs. He kindly obliged until security put a stop to it. Seems like a great kid. Anyway, hope that helps for the future. 

As for my boys, they had a blast! They liked that the game was close and the crowd was loud. I did not. :) 

12 hours ago, Zville Hoosier said:

Update on the Autograph situation... if you go down to the floor right after the game they let you onto the court after about 10 minutes and you can take pictures. I feel like they said this was for kids (and their parents) so no guarantees you can do it without kids. From there it’s luck of the draw as to whether any players decide to come out. Tonight, Phinisee, Fitzner and Taylor we’re out there talking with family/friends and took pictures. Romeo came out but was ushered directly up into the stands to see his family and spent 10-15 minutes with them. He gave his brother what seemed to be a 30 second hug and had tears in his eyes. Someone said he hadn’t seen him for a while and it looked emotional. It was a cool moment. The ushers we’re trying to get everyone out of there after about 30 minutes past end of game and Romeo came down from the stands and a bunch of kids asked him for pics and autographs. He kindly obliged until security put a stop to it. Seems like a great kid. Anyway, hope that helps for the future. 

As for my boys, they had a blast! They liked that the game was close and the crowd was loud. I did not. :) 

Stories like this are what IUBB is all about to me.  Only concentrating on the W's/L's misses the human factor that is so dear to me.  Wonderful and heartwarming encounters like described about Romeo and his brother.  We have fine young men representing us and these stories are what galvanizes my relationship with IUBB!

5 hours ago, FWIUFan said:

Stories like this are what IUBB is all about to me.  Only concentrating on the W's/L's misses the human factor that is so dear to me.  Wonderful and heartwarming encounters like described about Romeo and his brother.  We have fine young men representing us and these stories are what galvanizes my relationship with IUBB!

I felt the same way when I saw it. You could just tell how important family is to him and it was cool to see him show that emotion, not a lot of 18 year olds would be strong or secure enough to do that. 

Archived