Indiana vs UC Davis Pre-Game Thread

rbkl

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, rico said:

But there was a use for Fitzner?

Well he actually possesses some polished basketball skill...even though he didn't show it. I wouldn't have had issue with Moore playing some minutes, but when the 2nd half turned in to 5 guards spreading the floor and driving, give me the 5th year senior.

8 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

Well he actually possesses some polished basketball skill...even though he didn't show it. I wouldn't have had issue with Moore playing some minutes, but when the 2nd half turned in to 5 guards spreading the floor and driving, give me the 5th year senior.

And what about Smith?

1 hour ago, rico said:

He played a lot of minutes.  

Smith is a regular rotation player who is a 6’7”ish 4/wing, Forrester and Moore are bigs, there really isn’t a comparison. I don’t know why they didn’t play but while watching the game my thought was the matchup. 

3 hours ago, rico said:

I am puzzled myself about not using them in the UTA game.  

I wonder if Archie just isn't that comfortable using a deep bench? I don't know his history at Dayton but wonder if he just prefers to go with 7-8 guys. Otherwise we will definitely have to use them tonight because we can't have a tired team traveling into Durham. Also I wonder if it is because some of these early season opponents we play have smaller line ups...and are usually quicker than big...and guys like Forrester and Moore perhaps have problems guarding smaller guys?? But I agree they are missing out on some valuable court experience. Still they can offer a mismatch at the other end. Perhaps tonight we will see more Vijay and Johnny. Clearly they can't help us during the B1G schedule but no reason they can't spell us 3-4 minute stretches tonight.

55 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Smith is a regular rotation player who is a 6’7”ish 4/wing, Forrester and Moore are bigs, there really isn’t a comparison. I don’t know why they didn’t play but while watching the game my thought was the matchup. 

Move Morgan to the 4, and play a big?

1 hour ago, cohete15 said:

What is with your insistence with playing the 2 least skilled scholarship players on the team?

Maybe he wants to play the least skilled players against the least skilled opponents to buy some rest for our most skilled guys to compete in 3 days against our most skilled opponent of the year. I think everyone is just trying to figure out why some of the end of the bench guys can't spell our walking wounded a few minutes....buy us 2-3 minute stretches....perhaps come in for a couple possessions before and after say the tv timeouts to extend our guys time to sit...kind of how the NBA often does it with superstars like Lebron so they perhaps only miss a couple minutes of gameplay but get to sit perhaps 5-6 minutes of real time. Nobody is saying roll out a lineup of Jager, Blackmon, Anderson, Forrester, and Moore at the same time....heck or even play Forrester and Moore together...but just have them come in a couple mins and spell Morgan to buy him some time when say Romeo and other starters are still on the court.

Does Archie have a weekly radio show that let's fans call in?? Perhaps it's a good question to ask to see why some of the bench guys can't be called on for some limited mins to rest guys or if they just aren't capable or earned the playing time? Who knows...maybe Archie is planning on Redshirting them and so he is purposely limiting their mins.

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sounds like Green, McRoberts, Romeo, and Davis are warming up. No word on if they'll play but at least some good news.

Wow that would be HUGE! We will definitely need them all come Tuesday.....nice to get them some game action for a few minutes to knock the rust off!!

18 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sounds like Romeo and Davis will play. Rabby said Durham as well. No McRoberts or Green again. Honest question for the back spasm folks. Does McRoberts just need a full month off?

I had them in high school.  I couldnt stand upright or put my shoes on for a week let alone play basketball.  It was a good 2 weeks before i had full range of motion.  Still get them every now n then and look like the tin man for a week or so.   So yes, i can believe the full month off.

37 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sounds like Romeo and Davis will play. Rabby said Durham as well. No McRoberts or Green again. Honest question for the back spasm folks. Does McRoberts just need a full month off?

Although it happened when I was much younger than Mcbob, i was either 13 or 14 at the time.  I had a back issue at my lower left right above my glute. It was debilitating.   I couldn't run, bending over and sitting hurt.  Took a month or so for me. Hopefully Mcbobs problem resolves asap

6 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

As far as the mask goes... blast from the past. Harris Mujezinovich (spelling?) wore one. I distinctively remember him ripping his off and throwing it to the bench during a game.

You guys can go back to discussing more relevant stuff now 😀

I remember that.  Harris was one of my dads favorites because his brother Faruk played for Jasper at the time.  I do remember my dad taking me to jasper saturday open gyms to shoot around with the team when I visited him.

Archived