Frankie Vision Comments

Reading that kind of crap just burns me up! It sure sounds like Frankie feels Romeo is too good for IU and how he is being used. Romeo is learning very quickly that college bb is a lot tougher than high school. Once everyone gets back and healthy, Archie will find his best staring rotations then we will start to see Romeo separate himself as he get more comfortable. 

24 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

Who is Frankie Vision, and why should anyone care what he thinks?  

Serious question; I have no idea who is what and what is who when it comes to these social media and twitter-type "famous" people.

The issue here is that he is followed on Twitter by TJD, Brooks and others.  Like it or not, he is influential in that generation. He's from Louisville, multiple people have told me he is a UK fan.  He seems to be trying to impact the narrative on IU and Miller.

6 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

The issue here is that he is followed on Twitter by TJD, Brooks and others.  Like it or not, he is influential in that generation. He's from Louisville, multiple people have told me he is a UK fan.  He seems to be trying to impact the narrative on IU and Miller.

Don't like it at all. The moment Romeo, TJD and Brooks start liking negative things he says about Archie and IU....then we may have issues! Until then, I would not waist another breath.

2 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Don't like it at all. The moment Romeo, TJD and Brooks start liking negative things he says about Archie and IU....then we may have issues! Until then, I would not waist another breath.

Look at it this way...he is negative about IU because he is trying to steer recruits the way he wants them to go.  And it ain't to Bloomington.

To be honest I'm still trying to figure out our strategy is on offense.  We obviously can't shoot the 3 worth a damn.  I figured we'd pound it inside to Morgan and work out if he's doubled and other times give it to Romeo and let him drive it.  I'm very pleased with our D but honestly it looks like Mike Davis is coaching our offense.

29 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Thanks for the article.

With regard to Frankie Vision from many accounts he is a UK fan. I think he is trying to change the narrative, or at least slow down our recruiting momentum. It seems to me that he may feel IU is a threat for top players in the region, after all TJD and KB will pop for IU leaving us with another top class. He is happy to say nice things about other schools like Vandy because they’re not a threat.

4 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

To be honest I'm still trying to figure out our strategy is on offense.  We obviously can't shoot the 3 worth a damn.  I figured we'd pound it inside to Morgan and work out if he's doubled and other times give it to Romeo and let him drive it.  I'm very pleased with our D but honestly it looks like Mike Davis is coaching our offense.

Good lord man, sometimes I think some of you were expecting the dream team or something. If we get our guys back from injury we will be fine.

8 minutes ago, rico said:

Look at it this way...he is negative about IU because he is trying to steer recruits the way he wants them to go.  And it ain't to Bloomington.

To IU and Archies defense, they have been ravaged with unfortunate injuries. We are just 4-1, barely into the season and people are already concerned and complaining. When we are all finally healthy, this team can be real scary!  As for Romeo's commitment to IU, his coach and team mates,.......he knew what he was getting into when he signed. He had enough time to evaluate An Archie led team. What he didn't plan on was playing without half his injured there has not been an established identity or even swagger. Be patient folks. It will come, and when it does, look out!

2 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

To IU and Archies defense, they have been ravaged with unfortunate injuries. We are just 4-1, barely into the season and people are already concerned and complaining. When we are all finally healthy, this team can be real scary!  As for Romeo's commitment to IU, his coach and team mates,.......he knew what he was getting into when he signed. He had enough time to evaluate An Archie led team. What he didn't plan on was playing without half his injured there has not been an established identity or even swagger. Be patient folks. It will come, and when it does, look out!

That is not what I was saying.  My point was this Frankie fella wants the players to not go to IU.  

1 minute ago, rico said:

That is not what I was saying.  My point was this Frankie fella wants the players to not go to IU.  

I realize that he is trying to stear recruits away from IU. I'm just trying to show that maybe Romeo's roll on this team is slightly skewed or altered due to injuries. Romeo will have his 30 point nights, but not with this current injured line up. 

1 minute ago, Artesian_86 said:

I realize that he is trying to stear recruits away from IU. I'm just trying to show that maybe Romeo's roll on this team is slightly skewed or altered due to injuries. Romeo will have his 30 point nights, but not with this current injured line up. 

It is more about TJD and KBJ than it is about Romeo.

1 hour ago, SIHoosier26 said:

Good lord man, sometimes I think some of you were expecting the dream team or something. If we get our guys back from injury we will be fine.

Not the dream team, just a team that would finish top 3 in conference and make the Sweet 16.  Given the right draw could go further.  I think that is very realistic.

Archived