Frankie Vision Comments

Guys, just to back up what SIHoosier is saying.... I told you a week back, IU will be just fine.  The guys who are filling in for the normal rotation players are getting some valuable PT, which will come in handy as the season grinds on.

I ask you.... what would you rather be.... a healthy 1-4 team, like Illinois who just went for the trifecta, losing all of their games in Hawaii..... or IU with so much depth, that it is almost an embarrassment ?   Guys will gradually return to the lineup, and all we are going to do is get stronger by the week, because of that. 

Only guy, I am really worried about is Hunter. 

3 hours ago, rico said:

It is more about TJD and KBJ than it is about Romeo.

I agree, and unfortunately perception sometimes triumphs over reality in the social media age. Between the people who try to manipulate the truth to guide the narrative and the church of the perpetually offended, it's hard for old fellas like me to take.

Everything I've read in on TJD and Keion says they are a couple of pretty sharp kids. They'll be able to separate the wheat from the chaff on this.

4 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

To be honest I'm still trying to figure out our strategy is on offense.  We obviously can't shoot the 3 worth a damn.  I figured we'd pound it inside to Morgan and work out if he's doubled and other times give it to Romeo and let him drive it.  I'm very pleased with our D but honestly it looks like Mike Davis is coaching our offense.

To be fair, I think I remember reading that the majority of practice time has been devoted to learning the defense early on and I'm sure there will be a greater focus on the offense from here on out. I also think that maybe Archie is trying some different things while we are playing our "cupcake" opponents and will lock down on our sets as the conference season approaches. 

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Guys, just to back up what SIHoosier is saying.... I told you a week back, IU will be just fine.  The guys who are filling in for the normal rotation players are getting some valuable PT, which will come in handy as the season grinds on.

I ask you.... what would you rather be.... a healthy 1-4 team, like Illinois who just went for the trifecta, losing all of their games in Hawaii..... or IU with so much depth, that it is almost an embarrassment ?   Guys will gradually return to the lineup, and all we are going to do is get stronger by the week, because of that. 

Only guy, I am really worried about is Hunter. 

Does the staff know what is going on with Hunter and won't say?  Or do they really not know yet?

I have more faith that kids who choose to go to IU do so not because of what someone like Frankie Vision says. If they did they aren't players we want anyways. I'd rather have a solid team offense then one that's just flash. Romeo is an unselfish player who wants to win. That's why he chose to play for Archie.

1 hour ago, Tru123dt said:

One thing that I agree with Frankie V about is that Romeo should have the ball in his hands in last play situation.  There is no reason why Phinisee should have that role over Romeo.

You run your offense. If it was mandated that the offense always runs through your "star" Steve Alford would handled the ball in 87, and maybe the results would have turned out differently. Steve never touched it on the last possession.

I have no problem with Romeo taking the last shot, as long as it's within the confines of the offense.

10 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I thought so. Maybe just maybe CAM knows what he is doing

See, its crazy talk like this that gets everybody all wound up!  Will one of the mods bring out the ban hammer on this guy!?!?  

Plane tracking, recruit stalking and conspirocy theories (sp) are what this board is here for...not rational, to the point statements that make sense!!!!  Lol

12 hours ago, IUFLA said:

You run your offense. If it was mandated that the offense always runs through your "star" Steve Alford would handled the ball in 87, and maybe the results would have turned out differently. Steve never touched it on the last possession.

I have no problem with Romeo taking the last shot, as long as it's within the confines of the offense.

If the offense is one on one at the top of the key then I just rather have Romeo attacking the basket than Phinisee.  JMO

Ask Frankie about Isiah Thomas. He was as pure of a point as you’ll ever see. And yet,  Coach had him run off the ball some. Zeke said it helped him immeasurably at the next level although he didn’t fully understand it at the time. 

Frankie needs to understand something.  It’s entirely possible that Coach Miller may have forgotten more about basketball than he will ever know.  

This whole issue is so laughable. Frankie is not a serious person.  To even think about his antics is a waste of resources.  

Archived