IU UC Davis Game Thread

1 minute ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Very slow start but 2 point game at the half. UC Davis came with energy and outside shooting. 

Morgan has 19 at the half. He really carried us back, Romeo starting to hit as well. 

Think we’ll see IU turn it on in the second. 

MSU by comparison was getting blown out by TX in the first, and they just took the lead in the second. 

TX is for real.  watched them last night vs. NC and tonight vs. MSU.  we're playing UC-Davis

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shorts is making Phinisee look like a freshman. He's just as quick as Rob, and Rob's not taking it to the hoop like he has been. Justin Smith and Fitzner both look like they have lost confidence. Romeo started out tentative, but did pick it up toward the end of the half. 

We cannot turn the ball over like we did against even half way decent teams, or we'll finish close to .500 again.

I'm not really bothered/concerned to be honest I really expected this. If u really think about it we really only have one senior in the starting lineup most of our upperclassmen are injured and we are starting mostly fresh/soph this is really easy to forsee that we would struggle at some point. I'm not looking at this game as me evaluating the players there young. I'm more concern of the scheme of the defense leaving open 3s by design which bring outcomes like this half in short I've notice millers scheme only works when he has a lot of experience players starting not fresh/Sophs

4 minutes ago, JerseyHoosier said:

Just got home from dinner and spat out half my beer when I saw this score. Figured this was one I didn't have to pay much attention to, injuries or not. Now I wish I could figure out a way to watch or listen to this one without paying. I hate these Big Ten Plus games! 

I just did the same.

13 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

TX is for real.  watched them last night vs. NC and tonight vs. MSU.  we're playing UC-Davis

It’s not a comparison of talent, it’s a comparison of effort and 1st half blues. 

I’m watching the TX game, they went on a 17-4 run after getting destroyed in effort. 

All the negativity disregards what our guys have done in their first several games, this is effort and a slow half, and missing players, thst’s It 

Archived