Indiana vs Duke Pregame Thread

rbkl

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Ouch...LOL...I think IU is better than that even with TV Ted.

I don't know but I think coach K started buying refs before he started buying players! Just my opinion but pretty accurate if you have watched them play much the last 28 years

9 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

All I want is our program not to be embarrassed too much on national TV. I'd be ecstatic if we can somehow make the game a bit competitive. 

Yes just hearing the espn suckling up to duke and K will make it almost unwatchable taking a beating at the same time will be to much for me. 

1 hour ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

ESPN is billing this as the “blue blood blockbuster”.

My first thought on this is: "I love it!"

My second thought is: "Man, we better not get blown out."

In my opinion, We have to show up for this game. If we dont, we will continue the "slide" down the perception of college basketball heirarchy.

My gut feeling says the injuries and inexperience in an environment like Cameron Indoor doesn't bode too well for us. Hope i am completely wrong but....

Duke -- 81

IU    -- 62

1 hour ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

ESPN is billing this as the “blue blood blockbuster”.

Tagline for this game could also be “Indiana Basketball: Lower Your Expectations”

But now that our enthusiasm has been sufficiently dampened by the Arkansas loss and two uninspiring cupcake games, I’m sure IU will make a game out of this one.  I’ll predict we keep it to single digits.

17 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Not feeling great about this upcoming five game stretch now...

They will likely get blown out against Duke. That being said they should be able to at worst go 3-1 in the next stretch and if we start getting guys back from injury probably 4-0 in the next 4. We are better than every one of those teams, any losses would be a disappointment.

I'm a glass all the way full guy...

Justin Smith has a Landon Turner type epiphany

Rob Phinisee plays like he did against Marquette

Romeo shows us things we've never seen before

Juwan is Juwan and puts those freshmen in their places

Good Devonte shows up

McRoberts plays a floor game that is outstanding even by his high standards

DeRon used his size to negate Williamson

Damezi hits at least one BIG shot

Why not us?

IU 87 Duke 81

7 hours ago, SIHoosier26 said:

They will likely get blown out against Duke. That being said they should be able to at worst go 3-1 in the next stretch and if we start getting guys back from injury probably 4-0 in the next 4. We are better than every one of those teams, any losses would be a disappointment.

I see 2-3 with losses @Duke, @PSU, and vs. Butler unless something changes quickly.  Getting McBob and Green back will help, but I think it’s going to take some time for them to get their legs under them.  Don’t really trust this team outside of Assembly Hall right now (and they haven’t looked very good in Assembly Hall as it is).

2 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I see 2-3 with losses @Duke, @PSU, and vs. Butler unless something changes quickly.  Getting McBob and Green back will help, but I think it’s going to take some time for them to get their legs under them.  Don’t really trust this team outside of Assembly Hall right now (and they haven’t looked very good in Assembly Hall as it is).

I see a better team than this, especially considering how short-handed they’ve been and are a missed tip-in away from being undefeated — and that Ark team was decent. 

With McRoberts and Green coming back, we’re going to be a better team. Not going to lose at PSU. The Butler game should be a good one, I think, healthy, we win it. 

44 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I see a better team than this, especially considering how short-handed they’ve been and are a missed tip-in away from being undefeated — and that Ark team was decent. 

With McRoberts and Green coming back, we’re going to be a better team. Not going to lose at PSU. The Butler game should be a good one, I think, healthy, we win it. 

Hopefully you’re right, and I’m underestimating the impact of the quick turnaround with 3 games in 6 days.  But the only game we were really that short-handed in was the UTA game.  I wasn’t that concerned after the subpar performances against Arkansas and UTA, but the UC-Davis game was just a pretty pathetic effort.  And I’m not sure how ready Green and McBob are going to be right off the bat.

Archived