Indiana vs Duke Pregame Thread

rbkl

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I had a dream last night that at the under 4 min timeout we were down 1. Juwan hits a 3 and the Duke freshmen begin feeling the pressure. Our guys playing loose end the game on a 10 -0 run IU 82 Duke 73

I had a dream last night as well.  Did not involve basketball though.  8 of my exes were on the Ellen show (#4 is still in prison).  It goes without saying that I did not come out of the experience with a positive image.

11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I had a dream last night as well.  Did not involve basketball though.  8 of my exes were on the Ellen show (#4 is still in prison).  It goes without saying that I did not come out of the experience with a positive image.

Does the Ellen Show EVER leave positive images???

Game Preview

When: Tuesday 11/26 at 9:30pm ET on ESPN

Vegas: Duke -13.5

ESPN: 23% chance of IU victory

KenPom: IU: #22, Duke: #1. 16% chance of IU victory, predicts final score of Duke 82, IU 71

IU Scouting Report

image.png.095908a83a4d5ae20cf605abc3ae22ca.png

Duke Scouting Report

image.png.31427067a9e3c66b5644aeee1a7d6d81.png

Duke is obviously rated higher in both offense and defensive efficiency. While our ability to take care of the ball has plummeted to 238th in the nation, Duke has the 14th best turnover percentage in the nation. They don't force a lot of turnovers, so hopefully that helps us out in a hostile environment. They are a fantastic offensive rebounding team. They actually don't have the best shooting numbers...we are better both from distance and from two point range. We both suck at free throws.

We will need to take care of the ball way better than we have been, keep Duke from crashing the offensive glass, and continue our hot shooting (third in the nation) to have a chance in this one.

I want to point out, that in the two games he played, McBob had a zero percent turnover rate. Next closest to him on the team is Romeo, with a 16% turnover rate. In the same games as McBob, Devonte had a 31% turnover rate, the worst on the team.

1 minute ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

^^ Think you need to look at usage rate when getting into TO percentage, Green hasn't been primary point much but obviously plays a lot on ball, McBob does not. Not saying he doesn't do a great job taking care of the ball, but he does not command a lot of usage/on ball responsibility.

It's personal possessions, not team possessions. Green turned it over 30% of the time he had the ball in the first two games.

44 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I don't think the loss hurts us, but i think we lose 92 - 52.  We have talent, they are loaded and are playing at home.  This one slips away from us early and we never get it back

Yeah agreed unfortunately.  Apollo had a better chance of beating the Russian than we have of beating Duke tomorrow.

50 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I don't think the loss hurts us, but i think we lose 92 - 52.  We have talent, they are loaded and are playing at home.  This one slips away from us early and we never get it back

4 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Yeah agreed unfortunately.  Apollo had a better chance of beating the Russian than we have of beating Duke tomorrow.

I think we are going to lose, but 40 points?

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I might be way off base but I think we have a better chance of winning than of getting beat by 40. Just my opinion 

One of my favorite IU vs. Duke moments is when A. J. Moye blocked Carlos Boozer in the NCAA tournament. IU went on to knock of then #1 Duke. Carlos Boozer was 6' 9" and 280 lb....s. I don't think any of us thought that we were going to win that game......but we did. Check out the article and video below.

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdpDpH5_nC8

Moye's blocked shot of Carlos Boozer's dunk attempt at the pinnacle of a 17-point second half comeback in the 2002 tournament is one of my all-time favorite Hoosier moments in one of my all-time favorite Hoosier victories.

Not only did Moye provide the everlasting poster-perfect blocked shot, but he even provided a classic Moye quote before the game even started: 

"It's not like they're the University of Jesus Christ and we're playing the Twelve Disciples.  It's just Duke.  Duke is just a name on a jersey."
The quote, the block, and all the game highlights are captured brilliantly in the below 14-minute youtube video.  I don't care how many times you have seen this, it is well-worth watching again and again.  The make of the video (etecnifibre) includes the Hoosiers movie music during the second-half come-back and then includes the Don Fischer radio call for the end of the game.  Literally gives me chills every time.

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I can understand being pessimistic, but get beat by 40? We may lose, and it may be by double digits (although I don't think so), but no way we get beat by 40.

Archived