Indiana vs Duke Pregame Thread

rbkl

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

You know what? To hell with this. We're Indiana, not some second rate basketball school. Our basketball legacy is longer and just as distinguished as theirs is. We're as much of a Blueblood as they are. No moral victories. Our coach isn't afraid. Let's go out there and beat their hind ends...

Go IU, FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

You should go do the pep talk in the locker room before the tip off. 

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

You know what? To hell with this. We're Indiana, not some second rate basketball school. Our basketball legacy is longer and just as distinguished as theirs is. We're as much of a Blueblood as they are. No moral victories. Our coach isn't afraid. Let's go out there and beat their hind ends...

You gonna give the pre-game pep speech????????  9_9

The couple of games I have watched with Duke is that Reddish has gotten into early foul trouble so we need to go at him and get him out of the game.  They have great starters but they don't have great depth so if somehow e can get a couple their starters in foul trouble the better.  Whoever guards Romeo ( Reddish or Barrett) he needs to go at them because these guys are not great defensive players.  With most young players they have trouble defensively so we need to drive them and not settle for jumpers and need to get the ball inside to Morgan.

1 hour ago, addictedtoIU said:

If we limit their transition game and execute packline well, basically packline is designed to limit dribble penetrations, we may be able to defend. With that said, I'm really curious to see how Virginia will do against Duke this season. 

You gonna handle the whiteboard during the time outs? 😀

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

I'm saying stop him from getting easy transition dunks. The way you do that is by hustling back on D, hitting open shots and not only limiting turnovers in general but especially live ball turnovers. I'd be very surprised to see any zone tonight, only because I don't think I've every seen Archie go zone. 

he's run 2-3 this season

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I'm ready to run through a wall for you already, and I'm just an old-ish guy!  Put me in though, Coach!  ;) 

5 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

I'm ready to run through a wall for you already, and I'm just an old-ish guy!  Put me in though, Coach!  ;) 

From one old-ish guy to another...👍

I did feel a little like Bluto doing the "was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?" speech when I was typing that...

But to be honest, when I played sports, I always thought my team was going to win. Watching sports, I feel the same way. If I didn't think so, I couldn't have played, or I wouldn't watch.

Of course, it doesn't always turn out that way (except 1976!) but that's the way I am...

19 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

From one old-ish guy to another...👍

I did feel a little like Bluto doing the "was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?" speech when I was typing that...

But to be honest, when I played sports, I always thought my team was going to win. Watching sports, I feel the same way. If I didn't think so, I couldn't have played, or I wouldn't watch.

Of course, it doesn't always turn out that way (except 1976!) but that's the way I am...

Nothing I can find fault with personally in the opposition prove they can win, and make them take it as opposed to handing it to them in any way, even rhetorically. 

I hope IU is focused mentally tonight as they will need to be to weather spurts of momentum by Duke, or anything else that might arise.

Pace will be important IMO, since I'm not yet aware who is able to go for IU tonight.Hoping to see Phinisee set a nice early pace, so his teammates can settle in and grind. It's a bonus if he knocks down a few shots and manages to draw some fouls on the Duke defenders.  

They'll need to leave everything out there on the floor except for points

GO HOOSIERS!!!! 

Archived