IUFB Post Mortem

1. Tom Allen is not the answer. He will be gone in two years. His teams have no discipline and that begins with him. His teams are also rarely prepared for a game.

2. Mike DeBord needs to be fired on Monday. Glass needs to give Allen an ultimatum: either you fire DeBord, or I fire everybody. 

3. Ramsey is not a B1G quarterback. Penix needs to be the starting quarterback next year, end of story. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

1. Tom Allen is not the answer. He will be gone in two years. His teams have no discipline and that begins with him. His teams are also rarely prepared for a game.

2. Mike DeBord needs to be fired on Monday. Glass needs to give Allen an ultimatum: either you fire DeBord, or I fire everybody. 

3. Ramsey is not a B1G quarterback. Penix needs to be the starting quarterback next year, end of story. 

I’d fire the entire offensive staff except Hart.

So, let me ask...and i know zip about football, but i know that Indiana has a terrible history in the sport...and no tradition.  So what coach, experienced or hotshot up and comer, is going to come turn around this program and how much are you willing to pay?  And who do you hire as AD?

13 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

So, let me ask...and i know zip about football, but i know that Indiana has a terrible history in the sport...and no tradition.  So what coach, experienced or hotshot up and comer, is going to come turn around this program and how much are you willing to pay?  And who do you hire as AD?

I think Allen still has some time, but hiring a new OC isn’t going to be easy.  No Power 5 OC will make that switch and most HCs at smaller schools like the guy at Troy are also OCs.  They aren’t going to stop being a HC to be an OC at IU.  Maybe IU needs to take a chance on some D-2 HC who wants a chance as a Big Ten OC?

I don’t know.  All I know is this has been a really frustrating year.

19 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Wazzu got Mike Leach. Kansas got Les Miles. 

16 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:
The IU offense fails us again. We all know what needs to happen next, but don't read this if you like the status quo on that side of the ball.

Well, the blame is squarely on your shoulders.  You need to get better at predictions!  Good read man.  

7 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I think Allen still has some time, but hiring a new OC isn’t going to be easy.  No Power 5 OC will make that switch and most HCs at smaller schools like the guy at Troy are also OCs.  They aren’t going to stop being a HC to be an OC at IU.  Maybe IU needs to take a chance on some D-2 HC who wants a chance as a Big Ten OC?

I don’t know.  All I know is this has been a really frustrating year.

Simple, Hart........can't let that guy slip away.

18 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Wazzu got Mike Leach. Kansas got Les Miles. 

Mike Leach is 48-40 in 8 years at Wash St. and they have been much better historically than IU.  Les Miles is 65.  Leach makes 3.5 mil and Miles 2.68, I believe.  Kansas is pretty similar to IU when it comes to fb historically.  We'll see how they do with Miles.  But I hear you saying that either of those guys would be fine with you...right?  Because they are known products, so to speak.

Let’s face it, no one named TOM should ever be allowed to be a head coach at IU again. The football version of Tom is as bad, but certainly not worse, than the basketball version was.  As long as Tom Allen is in charge, preparation will be an issue, we will always get out coached and out adjusted at halftime and in the good seasons, the result of the Bucket game will determine bowl eligibility.  If you are okay with that, then Tom Allen is your guy. .......

I simply don't believe Glass is going to fire CTA.  Therefore, waste of time worrying about which HC's might come to IU although Candle at Toledo looks like a possible hire.  Only way I see CTA being fired is if he doesn't fire DeBord yesterday!  If CTA does not fire DeBord he simply has to go.  Now it's time for CTA to become a real HC,  put his big boy pants on and fire DeBord.   No more time for friendships to make decisions. The only other coach I think surely should remain is Hart.  Promote him to OC if he has the potential in CTA's mind.  Everyone else gets reevaluated and fired if they don't meet CTA's expectations.  I would reach out to Matt Canada as an alternative at OC as well--who knows if he even has any interest.  Hire a DC who CTA trusts.  NO MORE TIME FOR CTA UNLESS HE BEGINS DOWN A NEW PATH.  OTHERWISE CLEAN HOUSE NOW AND NOT WASTE TIME OR MONEY!  

13 minutes ago, CTrojan88 said:

Let’s face it, no one named TOM should ever be allowed to be a head coach at IU again. The football version of Tom is as bad, but certainly not worse, than the basketball version was.  As long as Tom Allen is in charge, preparation will be an issue, we will always get out coached and out adjusted at halftime and in the good seasons, the result of the Bucket game will determine bowl eligibility.  If you are okay with that, then Tom Allen is your guy. .......

That would certainly cut down on applications. 

If IU was truly serious about football, why doesn't it bring in a guy like Les Miles? Now that ship has sailed since he took the KU job. We got a C grade (could even be a D grade) coaching staff, and exactly getting what we paid for. Then, all the facility upgrades and efforts to make IU football relevant is waste of money. IU has been doing everything else except the most important thing. It should be ready to spend more than 5 million dollars to beat teams like MSU and Iowa.

37 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Think he is ready to be OC?  I’m not disagreeing.  Just curious what you think there.  I’m in total agreement that we need to keep him.

Well, let me put it this way.  He was a stud in college as a player.  Played for a damn fine coach in Lloyd Carr.  Goes to the pros and plays for Tony Dungy.  I think he knows what he is doing.  

1 hour ago, addictedtoIU said:

If IU was truly serious about football, why doesn't it bring in a guy like Les Miles? Now that ship has sailed since he took the KU job. We got a C grade (could even be a D grade) coaching staff, and exactly getting what we paid for. Then, all the facility upgrades and efforts to make IU football relevant is quite of money. IU has been doing everything else except the most important thing. It should be ready to spend more than 5 million dollars to beat teams like MSU and Iowa.

Bringing in Les Miles wouldn’t be the answer IMO. My guess is he doesn’t make a big impact in Lawrence. 

Archived