Last Days of Knight

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is beating a dead horse...If this wasn't Bob Knight there wouldn't have even been a thought to make this film...same with the "chair" it's been over 30 years ago yet people want to bring it  like it happened yesterday,...how about making a 30 for 30 on everything Bob did for the University,Library,kids,players or just something that maybe a lot of people don't even know....hell they could make one on what he did for Landon Turner and what Landon has done for himself,to me that would be more interesting then a witch hunt or someone opinion on who did this and he did that.Bob had a temper,Bob done things his own way,Bob did things that he wouldn't tolerate out of his own players...oh,now I'm beating the dead horse.

56 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

This is beating a dead horse...If this wasn't Bob Knight there wouldn't have even been a thought to make this film...same with the "chair" it's been over 30 years ago yet people want to bring it  like it happened yesterday,...how about making a 30 for 30 on everything Bob did for the University,Library,kids,players or just something that maybe a lot of people don't even know....hell they could make one on what he did for Landon Turner and what Landon has done for himself,to me that would be more interesting then a witch hunt or someone opinion on who did this and he did that.Bob had a temper,Bob done things his own way,Bob did things that he wouldn't tolerate out of his own players...oh,now I'm beating the dead horse.

If Knight would have acted like an adult and made amends with the new administration the story would die. Knight has kept this a story as much if not more than anybody 

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Because he doesn’t let it. You know what happens after both people make amends in an argument. People stop talking about it. 

Who is he going to make amends with?..Brand,he died..Reed,he died..people in the media..yea right...the new administration, no point too..IU fans,he comes back to Indiana every year ,even been to Bloomington to see and speak to fans.

Just now, HoosierJax said:

Who is he going to make amends with?..Brand,he died..Reed,he died..people in the media..yea right...the new administration, no point too..IU fans,he comes back to Indiana every year ,even been to Bloomington to see and speak to fans.

Great point. Almost like there was absolutely no reason he couldn’t show up to honor the 76 team. Yet he’s the walking man child that couldn’t bear to set foot on campus to honor them. 

21 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Great point. Almost like there was absolutely no reason he couldn’t show up to honor the 76 team. Yet he’s the walking man child that couldn’t bear to set foot on campus to honor them. 

He should have,i agree..but to me he was a great coach and after all these years this stuff is just water under the bridge 

I myself, a huge Knight supporter, have grown tired of his act.  I don’t care if he likes the admins and nobody else does either but when you basically stick it to your former players when many reached out to him, I have no use for the man anymore.  Don’t get me wrong, he’s still one of if not the best coaches ever.  Just needed to grow up.  I’m afraid it’s too late for most fans and supporters of his.

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

I myself, a huge Knight supporter, have grown tired of his act.  I don’t care if he likes the admins and nobody else does either but when you basically stick it to your former players when many reached out to him, I have no use for the man anymore.  Don’t get me wrong, he’s still one of if not the best coaches ever.  Just needed to grow up.  I’m afraid it’s too late for most fans and supporters of his.

But yet he has packed crowds when he does come back to Indiana......

2 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

But yet he has packed crowds when he does come back to Indiana......

Nobody new reveres him though how many of his supporters are 30 or younger?  

Coach K will be talked about by fans who never watched him coach a game. Because of his legacy. Knight has turned his legacy into one about anger and hate 

38 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Coach K will be talked about by fans who never watched him coach a game. Because of his legacy. Knight has turned his legacy into one about anger and hate 

I agree with that but Coach K is THE ESPN poster boy. Believe it or not the apple did not fall too far from the coaches tree. He is protected by the media. 

49 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

The people who still support him are RMK fans and not IU fans and probably bought all of those TT shirts and hats after he got the job there.

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I was on vacation in Florida last week, wearing an IU shirt and an older gentleman asked me about Knight.  To his generation, Knight was Indiana basketball.

Yes to us older folks, RMK was indeed Indiana basketball. Make no mistake, the guy did bring in a lot of money to the university while he was there

Archived