ACC/Big Ten Challenge

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/28/2018 at 11:52 PM, NotIThatLives said:

Serious question.   Isn't Michigan young?

Edit.   I just counted 11, eleven,  freshmen and sophomores on their roster.  

Michigan fan here (I enjoy catching up on the other Big Ten teams through the forums as I often work evenings during the games).

The rotation is 

Simpson (JR)

Poole (SO)

Matthews (SR)

Brazdeikas (FR)

Teske (JR)

Bench

Brooks (SO)

Livers (SO)

Davis (JR)

None of the other 4 freshmen play meaningful minutes.

We're not *that* experienced, but I wouldn't say we're that young either. Kenpom has us 137th out of 350+ in minute continuity from last year and that seems about right. 

On 11/29/2018 at 1:02 PM, BGleas said:

Their other good wins (Providence and UNC) were both at home. Again, I'm not saying Michigan isn't good, just saying we might need to see more. If last nights game was at UNC we most likely have a different outcome and the feelings on Michigan might be different. 

Providence was not a home game... I also don't really get the logic here. You can't penalize a team for a game happening to be at home. Also, Nova isn't a top 5 team like usual, but a 30 point away drubbing of the #15 kenpom team still tells a lot. 

F*** Purdue.

5 minutes ago, tarverine said:

Michigan fan here (I enjoy catching up on the other Big Ten teams through the forums as I often work evenings during the games).

The rotation is 

Simpson (JR)

Poole (SO)

Matthews (SR)

Brazdeikas (FR)

Teske (JR)

Bench

Brooks (SO)

Livers (SO)

Davis (JR)

None of the other 4 freshmen play meaningful minutes.

We're not *that* experienced, but I wouldn't say we're that young either. Kenpom has us 137th out of 350+ in minute continuity from last year and that seems about right. 

Exactly. You have experience at key positions. And Braz is hardly a typical freshman. Special kid there. He is 20 and played overseas...and the sophomores like  Livers and Poole played deep into the NCAAs and learned a lot....you play in big time meaningful games it changes you...you don’t get overcome by the moment. Michigan is a good team...and I expect them to either win the B1G or the B1G tournament...they will probably be a 3 seed imo.

Archived