NET Ratings

4 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Remember, this has replaced RPI for the NCAA, so it is very important.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-net-rankings

We are currently ranked #34.

I'm sure it's not lost on anyone that half the top eight are B1G teams, 40% of the top 15 and the same ratio holds true through the top 20.  I feel IU, win or lose, moves up this week.

These early season "rankings" are always garbage no matter what. I guess maybe IU deserves to be around this rank (regardless of the ranking service) right now, but I'm having a hard time believing that squads like Pitt, Ga.Southern, Belmont, etc., deserve to be ranked ahead of us. I start paying attention to these things in January/February. Before that, there's just not a large enough sample size to judge rankings. I mean, Ga. Southern? C'mon now. 

3 hours ago, StLHoosier said:

Whether it be the NET or AP or Kenpom, the one common theme is that even as poorly as we have played, we’re still considered one of the better teams in the country.  If we can just improve and develop some chemistry, we could be very dangerous.

Exactly. And we haven’t been healthy. We really should only have 1 loss. I know that’s fantasy land, but it’s also true. 

Get this team healthy and practicing with a full group and it’s going to be good 

Someone tweeted early on that the NET ratings have UK in the CBI.  That may be closer to the truth than that person thought.  They've done nothing away from home/playing decent competition.  I expect they'll get better but this year has been an unusually rough start for UK.

That makes me really sad.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived