Duke Game Thread

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Zville Hoosier said:

No amount of excuses can justify that first half performance. And for the first time since I can remember, I’m turning an IU game off at half and going to bed. And I’m sorry, Romeo is not a top 5 pick. And I get they draft on potential, he’s still not

I agree. Romeo is good not doubt.  But not top 5 and needs another year or 2 in college in my opinion.

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

Maybe Purdue is better than IU this year?

Of the Big 10 teams I have watched they all seem to have more of an upside to Indiana. We don't seem to have any flow to our offense, our defense is not sound and we are not a very physical team. I hope things turn around but it could be a fairly long year for us if some players don't get the lead out of their hind ends. Archie has a lot of work to do in the next few weeks if this team is to finish in the upper half of the conference. 

K and the officials did exactly what they set out to do, get Morgan off of the floor early.  ESPN is absolutely disgusting, the way they slobber all over themselves talking about Duke.  College basketball is about as fixed as the NBA...almost.  Lastly, it totally disgusts me that Louisville even gets to play this season, let alone on national TV

Just now, CTrojan88 said:

K and the officials did exactly what they set out to do, get Morgan off of the floor early.  ESPN is absolutely disgusting, the way they slobber all over themselves talking about Duke.  College basketball is about as fixed as the NBA...almost.  Lastly, it totally disgusts me that Louisville even gets to play this season, let alone in national TV

Put tunein on after the 2nd tv TO to listen to Fish and Errek, agree. 

Thoroughly disgusting and disappointing no show again.  Hard to understand how we could look so promising against Marquette and sooooo bad last 3 games.  No longer buying the everyone is hurt excuse.  The only player showing any real effort is MacBob.  Smith is absolutely worthless and should be benched.  Morgan has to understand not to get into foul trouble.  RP outmatched and looks intimidated.  Fitz can shoot some but that's all.  Davis not athletic enough.  But 3 things most disturbing to me again tonight.

1.  TO's.  The very thing I most hated about CTC.  No better under CAM

2.  No hint of toughness or grit.  

3.  Fundamentals look poor.

For the first time I'm having to wonder about CAM.  Time to be RMK and bench everyone who is not playing well if it is the entire starting five.  Playing time has to be earned.  I don't care if we lose if we play with overachievers!  Give me 5 McBOBs

Going to bed.  This game is not worth staying up for.  

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

100% correct.  The people complaining about Romeo are focusing their frustration in the wrong direction.

I don’t disagree completely but he looks like he’s out to get his tonight while playing against his draft competition.  Anyone saying he isn’t good is crazy, now defensively is a different story.

Unfortunately, I think you’re seeing a trickle down effect.  You guys that are dismissing injuries have your heads in the sand.  At one time, we were down 7 scholarship players.  There have been multiple weeks lately where we haven’t even been able to practice 5 on 5.  It has an effect on the entire team.  I’m not that thrilled with how we played, but I told a guy at work that if we could lose by no more than 15, that would be respectable, given playing on the road after they just loss.  It’s a long season and this game isn’t going to define it.

2 minutes ago, hoosier8760 said:

Sure you do. And the best college basketball teams have upperclassmen leading them, oh wait we are getting destroyed by 4 freshmen. This ain’t 1990

No one said anything about freshmen or upperclassman. its about not improving to no practices.

Just now, FWIUFan said:

Thoroughly disgusting and disappointing no show again.  Hard to understand how we could look so promising against Marquette and sooooo bad last 3 games.  No longer buying the everyone is hurt excuse.  The only player showing any real effort is MacBob.  Smith is absolutely worthless and should be benched.  Morgan has to understand not to get into foul trouble.  RP outmatched and looks intimidated.  Fitz can shoot some but that's all.  Davis not athletic enough.  But 3 things most disturbing to me again tonight.

For the first time I'm having to wonder about CAM.  Time to be RMK and bench everyone who is not playing well if it is the entire starting five.  Playing time has to be earned.  I don't care if we lose if we play with overachievers!  Give me 5 McBOBs

The last 3-4 games had me worried about Archie.  A good coach doesn’t use excuses and he did after each of the last 3 games.  He’s still young and learning so not all is lost.  

1 minute ago, FWIUFan said:

This!!!  Couldn't agree more.

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

I don’t disagree completely but he looks like he’s out to get his tonight while playing against his draft competition.  Anyone saying he isn’t good is crazy, now defensively is a different story.

I don't think he was out to get his.  Early in the half, I was frustrated that he wasn't shooting enough.  He had 2 very nice assists to Fitzner.  The last 3-4 minutes, he simply tried to make something happen.  

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

8 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 blocks, and a steal in the first half.  I have no problem with that stat line.

Yeah he has been fine. Not great not bad. He’s out manned and Duke is jumping to help on his drives. They all are looking to help on him when he has it. He will be a top 10 pick...he has that potential...now I think he would get better faster by staying and playing here next year where then mostly sitting bench in NBA and not being the focus of an offense like he could be here...but that money will be calling.

Archived