Big Ten Predictions

I thought it would be fun for everyone to include their predictions for the standings here with conference play starting on Saturday.  Mine are in the link.  While I didn't see it 3 weeks ago, I think the No. 1 and No. 2 teams have emerged.  3-9 for me is anyone's guess.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/big-ten-basketball-is-here-our-predictions-on-the-2018-19-conference-race/

After going through the schedule, and picking a winner for each game:

Mich St 17-3

Mich 16-4

Indiana 14-6

Ohio St 13-7

Wisconsin 11-9

Nebraska 10-10

Iowa 10-10

Minnesota 9-11

Maryland 9-11

Purdue 9-11

Penn St 7-13

Northwestern 5-15

Illinois 5-15

Rutgers 3-17

18 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

i don't see us as a top 5 BIG Conference team at this point.  I see us around 8.  That might change if we win the next 6 out of 7 but lets be honest.  This team hasn't shown anything yet that says we're top tier.  Lets prove something before adding us to the top tier in the league.

We better be top 5, with the talent on this team anything less would be disappointing. Heck we finished 6th last year.

59 minutes ago, SIHoosier26 said:

We better be top 5, with the talent on this team anything less would be disappointing. Heck we finished 6th last year.

I agree. Last year I kept thinking "we need a scorer" beside Juwan. Robert Johnson was good at times, but inconsistent. Josh Newkirk was awful pretty much the whole year. Enter Romeo and Rob P. 

I think Robert Johnson was one of the better on the ball defenders we've had at IU. But I've always been taught that defense is all about effort, and I think Archie will get that out of Romeo. I've seen it (at times) already this year. 

I think Rob P can at least duplicate Newkirk's scoring numbers, while uping the assists and cutting down the turnovers. And I always see effort on the defensive end.

Couple that with better depth, and that's why I have them so high.

Ex wife #6's Shih Tzu visited me in a vision and instructed me to predict the following (for reference, he also told me to pick Loyola to make the Final Four last season):

Indiana  20-0

Illinois  10-10

Iowa  10-10

Maryland  10-10

Michigan  10-10

Michigan State  10-10

Minnesota  10-10

Nebraska  10-10

Northwestern  10-10

Ohio State  10-10

Penn State  10-10

Rutgers  10-10