Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

Sign in to follow this  
KDB

Bracketology

31 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

Gota say....not near the worst bracket we've had to play thru.  

If I can actually take that bracket, I'll take it in a heartbeat. I can see a relatively clear path to Elite Eight and meet Kansas for Final Four. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

If I can actually take that bracket, I'll take it in a heartbeat. I can see a relatively clear path to Elite Eight and meet Kansas for Final Four. 

My thoughts as well

And in the least shocking development in the history of forever.....he has us in the same bracket as pUKe with a potential matchup in the sweet 16. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

A sweet 16 match-up with Kentucky...now where have I seen that before

HA!!!  great minds. 🤣☝️👍

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

And in the least shocking development in the history of forever.....he has us in the same bracket as pUKe with a potential matchup in the sweet 16. 

Am I looking at the wrong bracket but I don't see us being in the same bracket as UK

3 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

image.png.8da90ae00c2beaed255683b4fbcf7629.png

Wouldn't be a S16 matchup, would be an E8 matchup.

I was looking at Lunardi's that was posted on 12/3 and we are not in the same side of the bracket.

52 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

The Big Ten is deep this year and they have to find 68 tourney teams, but the 10th team in the conference is likely to have a roughly 8-12 conference record (based on previous years) and be barely above .500 overall.

4 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

The Big Ten is deep this year and they have to find 68 tourney teams, but the 10th team in the conference is likely to have a roughly 8-12 conference record (based on previous years) and be barely above .500 overall.

Yep.  The Boilers have already lost one.  :coffee:

20 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Having us with a lower seed than Purdue is just laughable to me. And this latest update was before they beat Maryland, even, their first good win.

Just a matter of time before that get's corrected.  Too much emphasis on what the teams did last year still baked in.  Had Wheeler not had a career night, they would have gotten beaten at home last night.  They are not very good and as expected, Carson is very inefficient.

4 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Just a matter of time before that get's corrected.  Too much emphasis on what the teams did last year still baked in.  Had Wheeler not had a career night, they would have gotten beaten at home last night.  They are not very good and as expected, Carson is very inefficient.

Year to Date Player Efficiency Ratings.

Juwan Mprgan - 27.1

Carsen Edwards - 24.6

That said, using Nojel Eastern as a barometer of what it takes to be an NBA player, it only requires a college PER of 14.6 to make it in the league.  

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Juwan Mprgan - 27.1

Carsen Edwards - 24.6

That said, using Nojel Eastern as a barometer of what it takes to be an NBA player, it only requires a college PER of 14.6 to make it in the league.  

...and a supportive Mom on GBI

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Juwan Mprgan - 27.1

Carsen Edwards - 24.6

NE is the barometer for something but I will leave that to your imagination.  Momma be lurking and I not have time to go toe  to toe with momma and Uncle Rico😀

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Juwan Mprgan - 27.1

Carsen Edwards - 24.6

Where are your numbers coming from?  I found this list:

http://insider.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/hollinger/statistics?page=2

Looking at your numbers, I'm guessing where Carson closes the gap is at the free throw line where Juwan is horrible and Carson is very good.  Still, there would be a lot of players between Juwan and Carson in the rankings even with Juwan's abominable free throw percentage included.  2.5 points is a pretty big gap when the 50 players on that page covered about 1.7.

The bottom line is, Carson is very inefficient on the floor but compensates for that somewhat by being very efficient at the free throw line.  He's no college player of the year though...surely we can put that joke to rest.

• Like 1