Bracketology

KDB

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

The Big Ten is deep this year and they have to find 68 tourney teams, but the 10th team in the conference is likely to have a roughly 8-12 conference record (based on previous years) and be barely above .500 overall.

Yep.  The Boilers have already lost one.  :coffee:

20 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Having us with a lower seed than Purdue is just laughable to me. And this latest update was before they beat Maryland, even, their first good win.

Just a matter of time before that get's corrected.  Too much emphasis on what the teams did last year still baked in.  Had Wheeler not had a career night, they would have gotten beaten at home last night.  They are not very good and as expected, Carson is very inefficient.

4 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Just a matter of time before that get's corrected.  Too much emphasis on what the teams did last year still baked in.  Had Wheeler not had a career night, they would have gotten beaten at home last night.  They are not very good and as expected, Carson is very inefficient.

Year to Date Player Efficiency Ratings.

Juwan Mprgan - 27.1

Carsen Edwards - 24.6

That said, using Nojel Eastern as a barometer of what it takes to be an NBA player, it only requires a college PER of 14.6 to make it in the league.  

14 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Juwan Mprgan - 27.1

Carsen Edwards - 24.6

That said, using Nojel Eastern as a barometer of what it takes to be an NBA player, it only requires a college PER of 14.6 to make it in the league.  

NE is the barometer for something but I will leave that to your imagination.  Momma be lurking and I not have time to go toe  to toe with momma and Uncle Rico😀

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Juwan Mprgan - 27.1

Carsen Edwards - 24.6

Where are your numbers coming from?  I found this list:

http://insider.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/hollinger/statistics?page=2

Looking at your numbers, I'm guessing where Carson closes the gap is at the free throw line where Juwan is horrible and Carson is very good.  Still, there would be a lot of players between Juwan and Carson in the rankings even with Juwan's abominable free throw percentage included.  2.5 points is a pretty big gap when the 50 players on that page covered about 1.7.

The bottom line is, Carson is very inefficient on the floor but compensates for that somewhat by being very efficient at the free throw line.  He's no college player of the year though...surely we can put that joke to rest.

Archived