Indiana HS hoops

rico

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/8/2019 at 7:53 PM, rico said:

I was there.  My alma mater was in the Final Four that year.  The "small" school.  Whitko.

Your school was there because Steve Stinkin Nicodemus and crew hit a buzzer beater in the Fort Wayne regional to beat MY team, New Haven.  Beating North Side that year created a lifetime memory. Watching tiny Woodland with Lloy Ball beat the big Fort Wayne city schools a few years prior was amazing as well.  Glad they waited to go to classes until I moved out of the state.

1 minute ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Your school was there because Steve Stinkin Nicodemus and crew hit a buzzer beater in the Fort Wayne regional to beat MY team, New Haven.  Beating North Side that year created a lifetime memory. Watching tiny Woodland with Lloy Ball beat the big Fort Wayne city schools a few years prior was amazing as well.  Glad they waited to go to classes until I moved out of the state.

LOL......I do believe it was the Ousley kid that hit the shot at the buzzer.  Steve Nicodemus was a freak.  His two older brothers went to school with me.  Steve was the baby.  But Steve shot left handed in basketball, but threw a baseball with his right.  He was "amphibious", LOL.  And that be Woodlan....they were a dang fine in my day.  Had a heckuva player.......Todd Gerbers.

5 minutes ago, rico said:

LOL......I do believe it was the Ousley kid that hit the shot at the buzzer.  Steve Nicodemus was a freak.  His two older brothers went to school with me.  Steve was the baby.  But Steve shot left handed in basketball, but threw a baseball with his right.  He was "amphibious", LOL.  And that be Woodlan....they were a dang fine in my day.  Had a heckuva player.......Todd Gerbers.

Ousley. That's right. Ugh.  Yeah, Nicodemus could ball.

37 minutes ago, rico said:

Has that ever been done?

I don't know about in history, but the best two year stretch since 1985 was when Bloomington South went 49-1 over the '08-'09 and '09-'10 seasons.  They won it all the first year and lost in the Regional the second.

So, not in the last 34 years has it been done.

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I don't know about in history, but the best two year stretch since 1985 was when Bloomington South went 49-1 over the '08-'09 and '09-'10 seasons.  They won it all the first year and lost in the Regional the second.

So, not in the last 34 years has it been done.

I would not bet my life on it but I believe that it has never been done before. In the 70's I believe 2 schools from Gary won the state championship in consecutive years while going undefeated. I dont think other than that, has the champion  been undefeated in back to back years. 

3 hours ago, rico said:

South Bend Riley 76-Mishiwaka Marian 64.  Decent game.

I did see where Fort Wayne Northrop squeaked by Fort Wayne North.......105-50.

After the head coach left, then KBJ transferred to LaLumiere, anyone else who was decent at FW North Side left as well. They have a tradition rich past, but right now are one of the worst teams in this neck of the woods 

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

After the head coach left, then KBJ transferred to LaLumiere, anyone else who was decent at FW North Side left as well. They have a tradition rich past, but right now are one of the worst teams in this neck of the woods 

Right along with New Haven!!!!!!  

Mostly post on the recruiting forum. I’m an assistant coach for Frankton and we play Blackford at home on Friday. Blackford sports will live stream the game on YouTube if you search em...if you’re interested in watching 2021 Luke Brown. States leading scorer at 39 ppg. I will provide an analysis of our game and him over there on Friday evening. 

PS our Hoosiers will be fine. Much love y’all and to this site. It’s a regular on my “screen time app 😂

17 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

Mostly post on the recruiting forum. I’m an assistant coach for Frankton and we play Blackford at home on Friday. Blackford sports will live stream the game on YouTube if you search em...if you’re interested in watching 2021 Luke Brown. States leading scorer at 39 ppg. I will provide an analysis of our game and him over there on Friday evening. 

PS our Hoosiers will be fine. Much love y’all and to this site. It’s a regular on my “screen time app 😂

Thanks for the heads up! What time is the game? I'd like to check that out. I know there's been some discussion on how much competition he has, but 39 ppg is impressive. 

33 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

I see your guys are 11-3 going into Friday's game.  Best of luck to them any you.

Thanks for sharing. And the heads up about the live stream.

And thanks for your kind words about Hoosier Sports Nation.

3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

No, they are are not. Homestead is, which is the only change to the SAC

That ain't true.  Carroll is in the SAC as well.  Elmhurst and Harding no longer are in it.

As far as New Haven, they play in the Northeast 8.  Don't know what other teams are in it with them other than Columbia City.

5 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

No, they are are not. Homestead is, which is the only change to the SAC

I’m pretty sure Carroll is as well.  The way I understand it, the NHC kicked Homestead and Carroll out of the NHC because they were too dominant in football and basketball, and the remaining teams started a new conference with Leo and Huntington North.  Homestead and Carroll joined the SAC for football and basketball, but as far as I know, all other Homestead sports teams are unaffiliated now.  Not sure about Carroll.

1 minute ago, rico said:

That ain't true.  Carroll is in the SAC as well.  Elmhurst and Harding no longer are in it.

As far as New Haven, they play in the Northeast 8.  Don't know what other teams are in it with them other than Columbia City.

Did that NE 8 replace the NHC? 

13 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I see your guys are 11-3 going into Friday's game.  Best of luck to them any you.

Thanks for sharing. And the heads up about the live stream.

And thanks for your kind words about Hoosier Sports Nation.

Thank you sir. We have losses by 6 in OT on the road, 10 on the road and 2 on the road. We hung a banner in 2017, looking forward to the rest of the season!  Currently 11 in 2a, but that’s irrelevant. Unranked in 2017 going into tournament. We’re pumped for a full 2,300 gym Friday night!

Archived