Indiana HS hoops

rico

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As we get ready for the high school boys basketball tournament take a minute to remember Lawrence north star Big Jon Stewart who passed away on the court in the Regional championship game in 1999. Jon was headed to play for UK and I had the privilege to coach against his team in AAU several times. Every year as tournament starts I remember that big smile and remember the deafening silence sitting in that gym as they took him off the court. Every year I think about posting this but get busy.  Today God put Big Jon on my heart. 

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Thought of something very interesting.  When Bryant McIntosh was a Senior at Greensburg all 5 starters went on to play D1 athletics. 3 basketball 1 baseball and 1 tennis. I wonder how often that happens.

I don't know if the Jay Edwards Marion teams did that or not but they probably came close.

27 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Thought of something very interesting.  When Bryant McIntosh was a Senior at Greensburg all 5 starters went on to play D1 athletics. 3 basketball 1 baseball and 1 tennis. I wonder how often that happens.

Does the Greensburg community produce all of the talent they have, or are they a program that is sustained by a lot of transfers?  

I ask not only because of their ongoing success, but wasn't McIntosh from another town?

30 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

So you are saying that realtors in Greensburg have a affinity for families with tall children, even if mom and dad don't make the highest offer.  Got it.

Something like that. There is a lot of home grown talent and Stacey Meyer does a tremendous job there with the youth. I tried for years to get my son to transfer

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I dont. We live in the South Decatur school district 

Thanks, why I ask I knew it was one of the Decatur's but did not know which one. Me and my son went a couple of weeks ago to watch Knightstown play at North Decatur so I was wondering if you were there

Archived