Indiana HS hoops

rico

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, jefftheref said:

Shenandoah was in our conference when I played. They were always very good. They were coached by Mr. Ray Pavy. He was a great coach and a much better person in my opinion.

Which school did you go to because my school Knightstown use to be in their conference as well until they went to class basketball.  We still play them every year and was n their sectional until a couple of years ago.

47 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Which school did you go to because my school Knightstown use to be in their conference as well until they went to class basketball.  We still play them every year and was n their sectional until a couple of years ago.

I graduated from Yorktown in 1972 We were in the old White River Conference with Shennandoah, Frankton, Lapel, Mt. Vernon, Pendleton Heights. We played through the Muncie Sectional and New Castle Regionals. 
Back in the late 80's I was doing a Knightstown game at Delta High School which had Matt Painter. I made a really bad call right before half time that went against Knightstown. On the way to the lockerroom the Knightstown coach came up and asked me about the call. I told him, to be honest with you it was a terrible call. I can give you no valid reason why I made the call I did and I apologize to you. The coach looked at me and said at least you are honest and he shook my hand. 

16 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I graduated from Yorktown in 1972 We were in the old White River Conference with Shennandoah, Frankton, Lapel, Mt. Vernon, Pendleton Heights. We played through the Muncie Sectional and New Castle Regionals. 
Back in the late 80's I was doing a Knightstown game at Delta High School which had Matt Painter. I made a really bad call right before half time that went against Knightstown. On the way to the lockerroom the Knightstown coach came up and asked me about the call. I told him, to be honest with you it was a terrible call. I can give you no valid reason why I made the call I did and I apologize to you. The coach looked at me and said at least you are honest and he shook my hand. 

I was a at that game against Delta  and that was my senior year.  Gene Keady was  that game and one of my friend who was a PU fan wanted me to go over with him to get Keady's autograph.  I knew Keady was going to be there so I had on all of my IU gear and went over and set right behind him while my friend got his autograph.  Also were you sure that game was at Delta because the game I am talking about was at Knightstown in 89

1 hour ago, rico said:

Who is heading out tonight to watch some sectional play?

My kid's school (Silver Creek) drew a bye, so I'm not going out until Friday.  Hoping for a deep run this season.  Won 4 of the last 5 sectionals, but have not captured a Regional yet.  This is probably the best team of the bunch.  The Southridge regional this year will be loaded, though, if everything plays out to form.  

15 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

My kid's school (Silver Creek) drew a bye, so I'm not going out until Friday.  Hoping for a deep run this season.  Won 4 of the last 5 sectionals, but have not captured a Regional yet.  This is probably the best team of the bunch.  The Southridge regional this year will be loaded, though, if everything plays out to form.  

Tell Coach Hunter I said hi.

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Looks like you guys have had a heckuva season.  Who feeds the Southridge regional?  Team wise.

Best of luck.

Top teams (3A) that feed into the regional this year are #2 Greesnburg, #4 Heritage Hills, # 6 Silver Creek, #12 Brownstown Central, and #14 Princeton.  Evansville Bosse has won it the last 3 years and is still a dangerous team.  Southridge is very good as well. 

Silver Creek has the highest Sagarin rating of the bunch, but did lose to Brownstown Central during the regular season.  Heritage Hills just beat Princeton a week or so ago, and also owns a victory over Southridge.  But Heritage Hills and Bosse drew each other first round, so that is a huge game right off the bat.  Southridge beat Princeton in the regular season.  Silver Creek and Brownstown should meet in the sectional semi-finals on Friday.  Greensburg has the easiest sectional route to even get to the regional.  

A lot of high level underclassmen throughout the top teams as well.  

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

For the first time in my lifetime my high school Knightstown is hosting a sectional.  We play Shenadoah tonight in the second game tonight so our trip to the sectional will probably be short.

Is Dusty still coaching there. That is 1 school that if I were to come out of retirement I would love to coach at.

Archived