Indiana HS hoops

rico

16 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

That surprises me that there would only be one.  I would think a lot of schools in that first tournament still exist.  And, I can't think of a reason why they would have missed years since?   Was the tournament invitation only the first few years?

I believe and may be wrong but during the energy crisis in the 70's several teams did not participate.  

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

That surprises me that there would only be one.  I would think a lot of schools in that first tournament still exist.  And, I can't think of a reason why they would have missed years since?   Was the tournament invitation only the first few years?

It was Invitation Only from 1907 to 1910 in 1911 the teams were Anderson Bluffton Crawfordsville Evansville Lafayette Lebanon Moristown New Albany Oaktown Rochester Valparaiso and Walton

13 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

And here you go....

https://blog.history.in.gov/tag/1911-state-champs/

5 minutes ago, Cutter said:

That is an awesome read. Question which one of those schools has played in every tournament since 1911 without consolidation or missing for some other reason?

I think the main thing is when did it quit being invitation only?

2 minutes ago, rico said:

I think the main thing is when did it quit being invitation only?

I think in 1910, read the question somewhere which is the only school to play in all the tournaments since 1911? I don't know the answer and several coworkers and I are trying to answer the question or prove it is an inaccurate questions without any success so far.

58 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

We did not play Jasper but that was where our 2A semi state was played

Im from Washington (lived in Jasper for 10+ years) and played Jasper at least twice a year in 3 different sports.  Basketball (pre Zellers) was bad, football was terrible, but baseball....they think their baseball team walks on water.

11 minutes ago, Cutter said:

I think in 1910, read the question somewhere which is the only school to play in all the tournaments since 1911? I don't know the answer and several coworkers and I are trying to answer the question or prove it is an inaccurate questions without any success so far.

I ain't so sure about the 1910 thing when 1911 only had 12 schools in the tournament.  Unless I overlooked something it appears to me that Lebanon has been in every tournament from 1911 on.....

http://pastbb.homestead.com/tny/Lebanon.htm#loaded

I also noticed that Crawfordsville was not in the tournament in 1912.

33 minutes ago, rico said:

I ain't so sure about the 1910 thing when 1911 only had 12 schools in the tournament.  Unless I overlooked something it appears to me that Lebanon has been in every tournament from 1911 on.....

http://pastbb.homestead.com/tny/Lebanon.htm#loaded

I also noticed that Crawfordsville was not in the tournament in 1912.

28 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

You guys are the best thank you so very much!!!!!

5 minutes ago, rico said:

Thank you for stimulating my mind early in the morning.  I was all over your question like a fat lady on a cake!

Lmao yes you wete , we had been trying for two days you did in less than an hour!!! That's a great job you did !!!thanks!!!

15 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

If the Argos coach did, in fact, complain about the interpreter being in the coaching box, I hope they get their ace kicked in the next game.  

Edit:  And for the record, Argos was 18-4 going into the game.  Culver was 3-18.  Did the Argos coach really think that an interpreter was going to impact the outcome of the game?  What a jerk.

32 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If the Argos coach did, in fact, complain about the interpreter being in the coaching box, I hope they get their ace kicked in the next game.  

Edit:  And for the record, Argos was 18-4 going into the game.  Culver was 3-18.  Did the Argos coach really think that an interpreter was going to impact the outcome of the game?  What a jerk.

Just shameful...pure and simple.  No way around that.  That Argos coach should be fired.

15 minutes ago, Rev_AK said:

New Albany beats Floyd Central on a last second 3 to make it 6 straight years knocking our rivals out of the sectionals. Exhilarating after this IU season. Hopefully we can knock off Sparty tomorrow 

Just saw the final sequence. God love hoops. 

Archived