Indiana HS hoops

rico

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spent the day at Southridge for the 3A Regional.  Silver Creek holds off Princeton and will play Attucks at Seymour next weekend. 

In the opening round, Silver Creek beat Evansville Memorial.  Cade Graham, Pat Graham's son played for Memorial.  

A big shout out to the folks at Huntingburg for being a fantastic host site.  If there is a better gym in the state to watch a high school basketball game, I can't imagine what it is.  Alas, it appears Southridge will drop down to 2A next year, so the 3A Regional will likely head back to Washington.  The Hatchet House is great as well, but Southridge is better.  

29 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Apparently, New Castle has lost it's title of largest high school gym.  A recount strips New Castle of over a thousand seats.  Seymour now holds the distinction.  Story in the Star on Friday.  

Over a thousand seats?  That's a pretty big mis-count!

6 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Over a thousand seats?  That's a pretty big mis-count!

Turns out that New Castle was counting the ability to put temporary bleachers around the upper ring.  Yes, you could get 9,000 people in there, but they were not permanent seats, nor had they been set up in who knows how long.  

8 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Apparently, New Castle has lost it's title of largest high school gym.  A recount strips New Castle of over a thousand seats.  Seymour now holds the distinction.  Story in the Star on Friday.  

I read that...New Castle in #3 now.  They are also behind East Chicago.

11 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

And we get them next Saturday at Lafayette Jeff!!! 

I tried listening to you guys yesterday...but I couldn't pull in the Wabash radio station.  Oh well, best of luck to you and the team this coming Saturday.

1A

Lafayette Central Catholic vs Fort Wayne Blackhawk Christian @ 4 pm/Elkhart Central
Barr-Reeve vs Bloomfield @ 4 pm/Washington

2A

Frankton vs Andrean @ 1 pm/Lafayette Jefferson
Linton-Stockton vs Shenandoah @ 1 pm/Seymour

3A

Marion vs Culver Academies @ 6 pm/Elkhart Central
Silver Creek vs Indianapolis Crispus Attucks @ 3 pm/Seymour

4A

Carmel vs Penn @ 3:30 pm/Lafayette Jefferson
Center Grove vs Ben Davis @ 6 pm/Washington

Something that may have been overlooked was yesterday in the semis, little old E'ville Day School (a private K thru 12 school, with an enrollment of 335), barely lost to Barr Reeve and the Amish. With 30 seconds to go, they were only down 1 to lose by 7..... The Day School team returns just about everyone, including their 6'10' kid.

2 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Something that may have been overlooked was yesterday in the semis, little old E'ville Day School (a private K thru 12 school, with an enrollment of 335), barely lost to Barr Reeve and the Amish. With 30 seconds to go, they were only down 1 to lose by 7..... The Day School team returns just about everyone, including their 6'10' kid.

That sounds pretty big for 1A...

5 minutes ago, rico said:

1A

Lafayette Central Catholic vs Fort Wayne Blackhawk Christian @ 4 pm/Elkhart Central
Barr-Reeve vs Bloomfield @ 4 pm/Washington

2A

Frankton vs Andrean @ 1 pm/Lafayette Jefferson
Linton-Stockton vs Shenandoah @ 1 pm/Seymour

3A

Marion vs Culver Academies @ 6 pm/Elkhart Central
Silver Creek vs Indianapolis Crispus Attucks @ 3 pm/Seymour

4A

Carmel vs Penn @ 3:30 pm/Lafayette Jefferson
Center Grove vs Ben Davis @ 6 pm/Washington

Silver Creek, Barr-Reeve, and Linton-Stockton are the only truly 'South' schools left.

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Silver Creek, Barr-Reeve, and Linton-Stockton are the only truly 'South' schools left.

I figured you would say something to that effect!  LOL  I would say if you take Indy and it's metro area out, there are just more schools up North.  And it appears they try to balance everything out.  But I would say it wasn't very balanced in the one class system either.

16 minutes ago, rico said:

I figured you would say something to that effect!  LOL  I would say if you take Indy and it's metro area out, there are just more schools up North.  And it appears they try to balance everything out.  But I would say it wasn't very balanced in the one class system either.

Actually, I should have included Bloomfield as well. Same county as Linton.  

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Spent the day at Southridge for the 3A Regional.  Silver Creek holds off Princeton and will play Attucks at Seymour next weekend. 

In the opening round, Silver Creek beat Evansville Memorial.  Cade Graham, Pat Graham's son played for Memorial.  

A big shout out to the folks at Huntingburg for being a fantastic host site.  If there is a better gym in the state to watch a high school basketball game, I can't imagine what it is.  Alas, it appears Southridge will drop down to 2A next year, so the 3A Regional will likely head back to Washington.  The Hatchet House is great as well, but Southridge is better.  

Cant agree that SR is better than the HH. Its my favorite by far. 

Archived