Indiana HS hoops

rico

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, rico said:

To put Carmel's size into perspective from just my viewpoint.  You could combine all 4 high schools in my county(1 4A, 2 3 A's, 1 2A), and the Greyhounds would still have over 1,200 more kids.

I would say a fair amount of counties are like that, insane. 

Hamilton Co. itself is nuts. 

6A- Carmel, HSE, Fishers, Noblesville, Westfield 

3A- Hamilton Heights, Geurin Catholic

1A- University, Sheridan 

8 hours ago, btownqb said:

I would say a fair amount of counties are like that, insane. 

Hamilton Co. itself is nuts. 

6A- Carmel, HSE, Fishers, Noblesville, Westfield 

3A- Hamilton Heights, Geurin Catholic

1A- University, Sheridan 

Only a matter of time before Hamilton Heights creeps up that list...

1 hour ago, rico said:

Only a matter of time before Hamilton Heights creeps up that list...

Land is slowly getting developed, we just built in the district.  Love the area, it's the best kept secret in the state.  

Westfield, I was told is in trouble.   As in can't keep up with the growth.  I was told the 4th grade class has 2500 kids.  Not sure if that's true or if that's projected by time the 1000's of houses being built will be filled.  

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Land is slowly getting developed, we just built in the district.  Love the area, it's the best kept secret in the state.  

Westfield, I was told is in trouble.   As in can't keep up with the growth.  I was told the 4th grade class has 2500 kids.  Not sure if that's true or if that's projected by time the 1000's of houses being built will be filled.  

Hopefully not that much trouble lol.  I just moved there in January.

On 3/16/2019 at 8:44 PM, 5fouls said:

There were other issues.  One kid taunted the Silver Creek student section after a 3.  Another one that I will not post in case I misinterpreted the situation.  But, if I interpreted it the way it appeared, it is bad.  

I "heard" over  the weekend that Silver Creek is expected to grow by another 200 students over the next 4 years. Does that sound about right to you. I "heard" lots of wealth from Louisville area look to move into the Silver Creek school district. That along with the great staff that is there the future should be bright for quite some time. 

23 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I "heard" over  the weekend that Silver Creek is expected to grow by another 200 students over the next 4 years. Does that sound about right to you. I "heard" lots of wealth from Louisville area look to move into the Silver Creek school district. That along with the great staff that is there the future should be bright for quite some time. 

Fuzzy Zeller' s neighborhoods have been massively expanding.  Fouls would know the most up to date info.  

The school system is in chaos after voting down a referendum and then voting to bust up the school system made of Silver Creek, Henryville, and Borden.  

They are now waiting to see if the state is going to allow the break up.

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

The last couple of years SC has actually lost students.  There is a lot of housing growth in the area, but I don't expect it to grow as quickly as it did 8-12 years ago.  

As far as the future basketball fortunes,  there are some really strong classes in the middle and elementary schools.  The future is bright.

Well, I went to the barbershop yesterday.  Packed house with nothing but hoops discussion going on.  The general consensus concerning HS B-ball amongst us geezers was to do away with the 4 class system and go to 2 classes.  Basically big school, small school.

3 hours ago, rico said:

Well, I went to the barbershop yesterday.  Packed house with nothing but hoops discussion going on.  The general consensus concerning HS B-ball amongst us geezers was to do away with the 4 class system and go to 2 classes.  Basically big school, small school.

Big school small school? Lol 

So.. you'd be playing schools of 800 vs Carmel. Glad they could weigh in. 

23 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Of course you heard that, it wasn't blasted all over Twitter lol

Archived