Indiana HS hoops

rico

Just now, rico said:

Well they re-classified schools...when are the new sectionals going to be announced?

My understanding is that the sectionals will be announced in late April or early May.  The meeting to decide is the last week of April, so it depends on how quickly they can get an announcement put together,

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

My understanding is that the sectionals will be announced in late April or early May.  The meeting to decide is the last week of April, so it depends on how quickly they can get an announcement put together,

I am hoping that my alma mater and Blackford get put in the same sectional, unlikely but possible.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

I am hoping that my alma mater and Blackford get put in the same sectional, unlikely but possible.

Luke Brown will make that sectional ticket a hard one to get, especially his senior year if he is closing in on Damon.  

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, rico said:

Do you know what the criteria is for being the host school?

I don't.  Overall facilities are considered, not just seating capacity, though that would be one of the more critical factors.  But, what specifically those other factors are, I don't know.

Edit:  Billingsley may know. 

16 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I don't.  Overall facilities are considered, not just seating capacity, though that would be one of the more critical factors.  But, what specifically those other factors are, I don't know.

Well this is another reason I hate class basketball.  Sectional 36 makes no sense as it pertains to locale.  

17 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Edit:  Billingsley may know. 

We hosted for several years in a 1A and the main criteria were: Gym capacity, locker room availability, if possible a central location to the participants but this is the least important I believe. Past tournament host evaluations come into play. At South Decatur Bobby Cox loved everything about our sectional and he visited many times. We lost the host when South moved up to 2A, so as a reward we received the 2A girls sectional . Overall that is some of the things that come into play.

48 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Back when the school was on the west side of town? I miss that gym. Our current gym just doesn't have the character that place did.

I don't really know where it sat, directional wise.  But it just had that smell of basketball.  Circa '81-'84.  It was a nice gym and my Wildcats always enjoyed playing there when we would kick some Tiger butt!!!!!  LOL

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Please ignore my stupidity misread info

Not at all...I just thought I missed something.  There are definitely basketball games where the mercy rule would be a good thing as well.  I'm just excited to see the shot clock gaining momentum.  I read an article that predicted Indiana would have one within five years.

Archived