Indiana HS hoops

rico

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Not at all...I just thought I missed something.  There are definitely basketball games where the mercy rule would be a good thing as well.  I'm just excited to see the shot clock gaining momentum.  I read an article that predicted Indiana would have one within five years.

I remember reading this.......

http://kentsterling.com/2019/03/19/no-shot-clock-for-indiana-high-school-basketball-is-the-right-move-for-ihsaa1/

I have watched enough youth rec ball with running clocks to learn to despise it.  It just takes so much away from the game, in my opinion.  Entire minutes lost while someone shoots free throws.  Not for me.

Now, in regards to a shot clock, I can get behind that 100%.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I have watched enough youth rec ball with running clocks to learn to despise it.  It just takes so much away from the game, in my opinion.  Entire minutes lost while someone shoots free throws.  Not for me.

I ran into former rival and a college buddy awhile back.  He now is the HC at a local HS.  His thoughts were that the IHSAA should have adopted the shot clock years ago.

On 4/30/2019 at 7:43 PM, TheWatShot said:

Bluffton. This is the first time I can remember having Whitko, or any Wabash county teams in our sectional.

I can shoot around in that gym after church on Sundays as it's now Life Community Church.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I am indifferent on the shot clock. I believe HS officiating is simply not very good, and then you add in another element, it worries. 3 years ago Brownstown was absolutely hosed in the sectional when their best player fouled (they got the number wrong of the player that they actually called the foul on).... I understand missing a call, I have umpired and officiated enough to understand that that is simply part of the game, but you should never get player who you called the foul on incorrect, simply cannot happen. The player they called the foul on was legit 10ft away... it was right in front of me. 

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

I am indifferent on the shot clock. I believe HS officiating is simply not very good, and then you add in another element, it worries. 3 years ago Brownstown was absolutely hosed in the sectional when their best player fouled (they got the number wrong of the player that they actually called the foul on).... I understand missing a call, I have umpired and officiated enough to understand that that is simply part of the game, but you should never get player who you called the foul on incorrect, simply cannot happen. The player they called the foul on was legit 10ft away... it was right in front of me. 

I've seen this happen more than once, and it usually involves a "name" player that's well-known. People can say what they want, but I firmly believe when you have a veteran player who's been around awhile and gets a lot of publicity, officials usually know how many fouls that player has, and will assess a foul on someone else to keep that player out of foul trouble.

16 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I've seen this happen more than once, and it usually involves a "name" player that's well-known. People can say what they want, but I firmly believe when you have a veteran player who's been around awhile and gets a lot of publicity, officials usually know how many fouls that player has, and will assess a foul on someone else to keep that player out of foul trouble.

This was the other way around. 

6 hours ago, btownqb said:

A lot of people think Brownstown got hosed with the new sectional alignment.  It will likely result in more travel depending on the host site.  But, it should be easier to win under the new alignment since they don't have Silver Creek.

29 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

A lot of people think Brownstown got hosed with the new sectional alignment.  It will likely result in more travel depending on the host site.  But, it should be easier to win under the new alignment since they don't have Silver Creek.

I thought we lucked out lol 

31 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Well, in football, Dwenger just got put in the same Sectional as Snider. Dwenger got moved up a class and Snider moved down one. 

Wow.  That is a big change for the Fort Wayne area.  Should be interesting.

34 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

How good will Brownstown be next year and how where you guys playing when you got hosed?

We will struggle next year.  When the FR are SRs we will be good.. and then the following 4-5 years after that be very good. 

How were we playing or where were we playing? 

8 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Sorry, who were you playing and where at when that foul was called?  

Playing Salem at Charlestown. We were 19-1 with our best player that year (2-2 when he was injuried).. game we lost was a neutral site vs Tipton who was ranked like 6th at the time. 

15 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Well, in football, Dwenger just got put in the same Sectional as Snider. Dwenger got moved up a class and Snider moved down one. 

Did not see that...I bet neither the Saints or Panthers are too happy about that.

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

There really isn't an option for them not to be in the same sectional though. 

Nope, no option at all.  The biggest regular season football rivalry in the area now just became a sectional match-up to look forward to.  And the little lady is a Snider grad!!!!!

7 minutes ago, rico said:

Nope, no option at all.  The biggest regular season football rivalry in the area now just became a sectional match-up to look forward to.  And the little lady is a Snider grad!!!!!

Dwenger -Luers is almost as big, but the Knights have not been as competitive the last few years. 

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Dwenger -Luers is almost as big, but the Knights have not been as competitive the last few years. 

True, but that Snider/Dwenger game is the one I keep an eye on every year.  And as I said, the little lady is a Snider grad.  She does follow sports at all...until the Panthers and the Saints hook-up.  Like me at a Whitko/Warsaw game.

Archived