Northwestern Postgame Thread

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bluegrassIU said:

It was obvious. When Juwan went down, it was like a switch went off for Romeo. He absolutely took over.

And to think, in the game thread, there was some jackwagon whining about Romeo "disappearing."

I didn’t say he was disappearing, but I did say that Law was locking him up at the beginning of the game, which to be fair, he was.  Once Romeo settled in, he started playing lights out.  

That was an absolutely huge game by Romeo.  Battled with Law, a conference all-defensive team senior, all game.  Showed poise beyond his years putting the team on his back at the end, on both sides of the ball.  Special player.  

Just now, FW_Hoosier said:

I didn’t say he was disappearing, but I did say that Law was locking him up at the beginning of the game, which to be fair, he was.  Once Romeo settled in, he started playing lights out.  

That was an absolutely huge game by Romeo.  Battled with Law, a conference all-defensive team senior, all game.  Showed poise beyond his years putting the team on his back at the end, on both sides of the ball.  Special player.  

Oh, when referring to jackwagon, I was referring to myself. I posted in the game thread that he disappears sometimes.  :)

This team stresses me out.  I think we need to go to Romeo a little more against teams like this.

Collins is a good coach, I wonder why he hasn't got a big time offer yet.

And I'm so annoyed with that last 3 NW made.

Got the win, at this point that's all that matters.  Keep winning.

1 minute ago, FW_Hoosier said:

...but Nojel Eastern is going to shut him down. :coffee:

I sometimes wonder when people think of NW they think back to when they were the laughing stock and IU would blow them out about every game.  This NW team was 6-1 coming into the game and they have two really good players that are hard to stop.  I thought Romeo did a great job defending Law and made him take some bad shots.  We had no answers for Pardon but luckily for us they forgot about him the last 4 minutes.  With 20 big ten games get just to these close hard fought games.  MSU struggled at Rutgers for the first half and pulled away ate to win so there will be no easy games in conference.

By the way are we cursed or something with all of these injuries or it might just be me.  It seems like all of my teams have the injury bug with the Colts early injuries and the VO injury with the Pacers.

Did we play poorly? We shot 55% to their 44%. We got slightly edged on the boards. 13 turnovers was an improvement.

I don't know, I think if the refs didn't let Pardon get away with felonious assault on the offensive end, we blow Northwestern out of the water. Romeo certainly out played Law (who before the game said something to the effect that Romeo should "be ready.") 

This isn't your father's Northwestern. Glad for the win. And I think Romeo gave not only us, but his teammates as well, confidence in what he can do.

4 minutes ago, CapnRon said:

I was on their board recently and Eastern was getting destroyed by their fans.

His mom and his uncle posting in the forum are just destroying what little chance he has to excel.  It's absolutely laughable that he put his name in the draft last year.  Talk about delusional...

"So, what should I be working on to get drafted?"

Every NBA scout: "Everything."

Archived