College Cup (ESPNU)

You know the drill; the bracket will fill as tourney progresses:
https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/soccer-men/d1/2018

B10 Teams comprise 3 of the 4 moving on to Santa Barbara, CA for the College Cup.  IU Soccer went undefeated through the B10 regular season schedule and then marched through the B10 Soccer Tourney.  I believe that puts the accomplishments of this Indiana Team in perspective.  I believe this a special collection of talented players who can bring home #9.  GBR!
Of course, anything can happen in a single elimination situation.  I'm confident, but not thrilled to be playing Maryland for the third time this season; nor the chance of facing Michigan State a second time this year; not to mention that Akron is always a tough match.
Keep your fingers crossed and caffeine-load (or DVR) as we are the late night match on Friday night.  We night owls, await!

Go Hoosiers!

• snowling changed the title to College Cup (ESPNU)

Well, darn it anyway!  What a run, but it ends in a 2-0 loss in the semi-finals.  IU just did not have tonight; they've had chances, but could not finish them.  What a nice collection of players we had on this team; thanks and congratulations to each and all of them (and the coaching staff, as well).  Indiana is still seeking #9.  GBR!

Go Hoosiers!

Well said.

Congrats to Maryland.The B1G is looking  as good as I can recall.

3 teams from the region also speaks volumes.

My only real regret is the College Cup not being in Columbus this year.I would have loved to have possibly attended.

Thank you IUMS!  Great coverage and much appreciated as always Snowling, thanks again! I don't see it being long until that 9th comes with the momentum the program has built. Kids trust this staff and the Yeagleys to developctheir games and put them in position to succeed in the game and life after playing, consistently and that's unquestionably justified. The rest is up to them. This is why I believe they'll be back real soon.

What more can one ask for really other than to finish them. No matter what,  I'm nothing but proud to he an IU fan..Relatively few truly realize how special IUMS is . Lucky to say Im among  those who got hooked on all of those huge wins going back to print media only days as a young kid. So many great teams win,yet other fell short. So many other teams also peaked and made for many an exciting fall. That's part of what makes  each year as a fan of IUMS so special and some so painful at the same time. Some also remember how hard it used to be to follow the team if you didnt get HT or the IDS. Some things change but the bottom line stays the same.Indiana Men's Soccer has it's own special place among the Elite and is a Constant force to he reckoned with.Even rebuilding key parts they are not to be slept on . GO HOOSIERS!  

Archived